#1 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi Crew,

I have a Canon pixma printer

I'm curious as to whether there is a way to log how many prints it makes?

The reason i'm trying to track this down is I have a small photography business which produces children's prints on location. I rarely take the photographs and so I need to be able to count the number of prints it makes for stock take purposes (and to keep an eye on my staff so they aren't pocketing the business' cash)

I could have the staff count and log the photo paper at the start and then at the end of the shift but i'm wondering whether it can be done electronically?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Cal
http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography

#2 sideshow_Gary

sideshow_Gary

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hi Crew,

I have a Canon pixma printer

I'm curious as to whether there is a way to log how many prints it makes?

The reason i'm trying to track this down is I have a small photography business which produces children's prints on location. I rarely take the photographs and so I need to be able to count the number of prints it makes for stock take purposes (and to keep an eye on my staff so they aren't pocketing the business' cash)

I could have the staff count and log the photo paper at the start and then at the end of the shift but i'm wondering whether it can be done electronically?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Cal

at work we use a program called ' printer counter' but im fairly sure thats the software that came with the printer...

i dont think its going to be much use to you but...

#3 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thanks Gary. I guess the staff will just keep counting photo paper at the start and end of each shift.... I just wish there was an easier way!
http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography

#4 Balrog

Balrog

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Don't know about the Pixma but some test or maintenance prints give you a page count.

#5 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1537 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thanks Gary. I guess the staff will just keep counting photo paper at the start and end of each shift.... I just wish there was an easier way!

For PCs there is PaperCut logger that supposedly does what you need. We use it at work to log printer usage and to keep track of ink usage. For the Mac CZ solutions told us they had Mac versions but I didn't try them out.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net