Photo

Any alternative to the Inon or Dyron Viewfinders for Ikelite Housings?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rzxrey

rzxrey

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi. Are there any alternatives to these D7000 price range like viewfinders? Like a DIY or a cheaper option? My eyes aren't that bad yet underwater but struggle at times specially when its a little dark. Thanks

#2 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hi. Are there any alternatives to these D7000 price range like viewfinders? Like a DIY or a cheaper option? My eyes aren't that bad yet underwater but struggle at times specially when its a little dark. Thanks

I know only of the Nauticam viewfinders with an adapter for Ikelite, but those will set you back more, they are more expensive then an inon.

I used Bill's way to attach a (second hand) Inon viewfinder (www.uwcamerastuff.com/inon.htm). It worked out a little bit more expensive than anticipated because of import taxes. I think your best bet would be to wait around and look look for a second hand Inon. There is some discussion on Inon vs dyron in http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=32679
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#3 Bent C

Bent C

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

When I used Ikelite I had the straight Nauticam viewfinder with the Nauticam adapter in the housing. It was very easy to mount it, and even if it is an expensive solution, the viewfinder can easily be adapted to other housings in the future.
/Bent
Bent Christensen
Nauticam and Canon 7D
http://bentmedia.me