• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Vega is for desperate people! :) Cineform Firstlight to NLE of choice baby!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#22 Ferg42

Ferg42

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

David- Interesting topic- I have the Sealux TD10 housing and the TD10. Yet to get them underwater, but also about to try machining down two wide adapter lenses. There's not that much space between the front of the camera and the flat port, but might be enough to squeeze in a pair of bare lenses in some sort of frame. I saw the cyclopital product. My only reservation is the image quality. It looks like they're Raynox qc303, 505 or 707, which I think is just a single element lens. I've done some quick research on youtube and the 303 particularly looks fairly horrible anywhere near the edges. The 505 might be just about acceptable, but it won't be that wide once its behind a flat port. I'd be very interested if anyone finds any higher quality optics that have a small enough front element diameter to be adapted and are wide enough - around 0.3x
I'll report back on possibilities of fitting lenses in the sealux once I get a sample raynox lens.

Best,

Fergus
EOS 7D, Nauticam housing, EOS 5D II, Ikelite, Inon z240, Inon D180, Tok 10-17, 15 FE, 17-40, 105 Macro
Sony HC7, Gates Housing
Visit My Website