48 replies to this topic

#41 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

http://www.mahaenerg...p?idProduct=422
This is the one i use, they don't get very hot at all when charging. I do notice a temperature difference if i put them in some other chargers. The batteries can be so hot that i can't hold them.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#42 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

http://www.mahaenerg...p?idProduct=422
This is the one i use, they don't get very hot at all when charging. I do notice a temperature difference if i put them in some other chargers. The batteries can be so hot that i can't hold them.
Cheers Pete.

OK... ordered the batteries, charger, and went for the 3kg gorillapod w/ballhead. :P My vid camera is tripping out a bit though. I was experimenting with different zoom shots (macroish) and everything was fine. Went back a couple mins later and the autofocus would not focus as close as it had been??? I didn't change any settings, so I'm a bit at a loss. Thoughts???

Edited by sideways, 10 May 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Similan Islands....
http://www.flickr.co...804385191/show/

Nikon D90, Aquatica housing, Ys-110 strobes, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikon 60mm + 105mm, 8" dome port.

Canon HF S30, L&M Housing, 2x Sola 1200 lights.

#43 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Maybe there wasn't enough contrast for the camera to focus properly. Mine does the same thing sometimes.
What you can do is if you are zooming into a macro shot is zoom in with autofocus on until the camera can't focus anymore, then switch it to manual focus & wind it in until you have focus.
You will have a short depth of field though.
Try that greg.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

#44 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Maybe there wasn't enough contrast for the camera to focus properly. Mine does the same thing sometimes.
What you can do is if you are zooming into a macro shot is zoom in with autofocus on until the camera can't focus anymore, then switch it to manual focus & wind it in until you have focus.
You will have a short depth of field though.
Try that greg.
Cheers Pete.

I'll mess with it in the morning Pete. I have to figure out the manual focus thing, I've messed with it a bit but the "Light bulb" over my head hasn't flickered on yet.

Cheers!

Greg
Similan Islands....

Nikon D90, Aquatica housing, Ys-110 strobes, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikon 60mm + 105mm, 8" dome port.

#45 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Finally made it out with the new cam, putting it through the paces in Cozumel. OK...first day impressions. Even though I constantly MWB'd in the 40-60' range, everything was greenish That was without CC filter. The few times I flipped the filter down It looked better. Tomorrow it will be all filter, also I'll try experimenting with diff. MWB techniques, i.e... distance to white target. Another slight screw up was in my storage settings, everything was saved to the cams HD and not the men card I've fixed that so tomorrow I'll be able to upload some samplers for critique Off to Wet Wendy's for a more thorough dive debriefing

Greg
Similan Islands....

#46 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Good stuff Greg,
You should see a huge improvement in the colours if you white balance with the red filter in place. Turn off your lights though if you are using the red filter.
Looking forward to seeing some footage.
Good luck mate.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

#47 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Good stuff Greg,
You should see a huge improvement in the colours if you white balance with the red filter in place. Turn off your lights though if you are using the red filter.
Looking forward to seeing some footage.
Good luck mate.
Cheers Pete.

Thanks for the heads up on MWB w/filter. I was going to try it both ways, but you saved me the time...LOL. I'll upload something this afternoon.
Similan Islands....

#48 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well, quality of what was recorded too memory was much improved today. However....I have a bit of a head scratcher. After yesterday I set all vid to be recorded on my "A" memory card. So... I get back to the hotel, and there is absolutely nothing from the first dive, yet every clip is there from the 2nd dive. It's a 64gb card 5+ hour capacity. Anyone have any notions??? I didn't change any "save" options while out on the boat, so I'm seriously perplexed as to why nothing was saved to the card from the first dive.

Greg

**Edit - Trying to upload a clip, so far I'm really not digging my new MAC, If I had my windows Laptop, stuff would be edited and uploaded...grrrrrrrr. Whoever said Mac's were easy really needs to rethink that.....LOL

Edited by sideways, 31 May 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Similan Islands....

#49 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

You just have to learn how to use your new Mac. At this point, it is not the computer, it is you. The same would occur if someone gave me a PC to use. I am PC illiterate and would be having problems as well. You will learn, you just need someone who can show you how as there are significant differences between the operation of either PC or Mac
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.