5 replies to this topic

#1 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Hi All,
I just edited another video with some recent footage. I have started using a tripod recently for some of these shots & it has made a huge difference to my macro footage.
Feel free to give me some feedback, good & bad.
There is only 2 clips that have been adjusted. They are the 2 clips of the crayfish which i added some blue to the footage as it was very yellow.
The rest of the footage is straight from the camera.
Still struggling with white balance some times, but i feel that i am getting better overall, especially since having my sola 4000s.
Cheers Pete.

[vimeohd]40926688[/vimeohd]

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#2 kun1

kun1

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Really liked the shots of the sea horses. If i was to criticise anything all i could say would be try and keep the wide angle shots a little smoother. Overall i thought it was very nice and the quality was pretty decent too.

Edited by kun1, 25 April 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#3 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

:) Thanks.

Panasonic GH4 user

#4 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Where was this filmed Pete? You don't give a location for it either here or on Vimeo. Wherever it is there is some great marine life and you have some nice shots of it. I would say camera steadiness/smoothness is your biggest challenge. Also think about adding music and toning down the breathing/grunting.

#5 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thanks Nick. 90% of it is shot in sydney & a couple of the clips are from nelson bay, which is about 3 hours north of sydney.
So all local stuff really. Yes i should have put it on there & i will update vimeo with that info.
Music is such a hard thing because everyone has a different taste. I will start adding music if people like that & i will put that over the breathing.
I have started using a tripod for some shots but i constantly try to improve steadiness. I don't know if i will ever get better at that :)
Thanks for the feedback though Nick.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

#6 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Agreed, finding appropriate music is very hard indeed, and you can't please everyone with it.

It looks like you have some pretty strong currents and surge there, so some wobbles are to be expected.