• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kazb

kazb

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

A friend of mine is upgrading from a Sea And Sea DXD70 housing to the Sea And Sea MDXD7000 housing and he is wondering if his ports from the d70 housing will fit on the D7000 housing.

I have looked around the net but I can't find anything solid. I think they fit but do any of you know for sure ?

Kenneth

Olympus OMD-EM1 still no housing :)

#2 Larry C

Larry C

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Sports, Antique Motorcycles and Old Trucks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Both the DX and MDX housings should use the NX/DX type ports: NX std. port, NX compact, fisheye and optical dome ports, NX compact macro port base and matching ports for the various macro and zoom lenses, DX macro port base/DX macro ports. RDX housings for D90, etc.use different ports and require an adapter to use the NX ports. I don't know about whether focus gears match up between the DX/MDX.

A friend of mine is upgrading from a Sea And Sea DXD70 housing to the Sea And Sea MDXD7000 housing and he is wondering if his ports from the d70 housing will fit on the D7000 housing.

I have looked around the net but I can't find anything solid. I think they fit but do any of you know for sure ?

Kenneth

D300 MDX-D300, 2xYS-110, 1 YS-D1, Tokina 10-17, Nikon 60AF D, Nikon 35mm f2.0, L & M Sola 600

Nikon F100 w/Sea & Sea NX100 Pro