Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Made a video from my last Bahama & Florida trip

Enjoy!

[youtubehd]fDChzwavFGg[/youtubehd]

Edited by Brumpy, 24 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing
Vanherck Underwater Imaging

#2 elbuzo

elbuzo

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Photography + cave diving

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Why people insist in touching and riding the sharks ?. :)

#3 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Why people insist in touching and riding the sharks ?. :)

Because it is FUN and there is nothing wrong with it!
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Well that is your opinion. I don't agree with it.

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

PHOTO - Canon 7D-Nauticam Housing/60mm macro/10-22mm/twin Z240 strobes.
VIDEO - Panasonic HVX200/Gates Housing/EM43 Monitor/SWP44/L&M Sola 4000s.

#5 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Well that is your opinion. I don't agree with it.

And i agree with the fact that you have a opinion :-)
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#6 sharky1961

sharky1961

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

the video is blocked in Germany. It said you didn't use GEMA free musik for it.

Nikon D800 in Seacam D800,  Nikon 16mm, 16-35mm, , 60mm, 105mm,1.4 and 2x TC, 2x Sea&Sea 110a, 2x Seacam Seaflash 150

#7 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

Interesting, youtube has localized content copyright management?

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#8 sharky1961

sharky1961

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hallo Drew,

I get this text wenn I click the video.

Quote: "Dieses Video ist in Deutschland leider nicht verfügbar, da es möglicherweise Musik enthält, für die die erforderlichen Musikrechte von der GEMA nicht eingeräumt werden." Unquote

this must have to do with copyright for the musik in the video.

Edited by sharky1961, 25 April 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Nikon D800 in Seacam D800,  Nikon 16mm, 16-35mm, , 60mm, 105mm,1.4 and 2x TC, 2x Sea&Sea 110a, 2x Seacam Seaflash 150

#9 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Interesting, youtube has localized content copyright management?

Indeed! That is really intresting.
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#10 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Sorry I will not watch it because of theae actions! Shame as i usually
Like your films... Thank god no one was hurt while molesting the sharks. Then again I suppose it would have been 'lesson learnt' :)

Dean
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#11 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Indeed! That is really intresting.

You should've picked music from Russian artists... no copyright issues there! :) Don't be cheap and go buy royalty free! :) Then again I'm pretty sure that the automated music detectors aren't the most sophisticated and can make mistakes.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#12 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Sorry I will not watch it because of theae actions! Shame as i usually
Like your films... Thank god no one was hurt while molesting the sharks. Then again I suppose it would have been 'lesson learnt' :)

Dean

:-)

If you had watch it, you would have seen that 3 sharks where killed and 2 divers lost a arm! so lesson learnt :-)
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#13 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

You should've picked music from Russian artists... no copyright issues there! :) Don't be cheap and go buy royalty free! :) Then again I'm pretty sure that the automated music detectors aren't the most sophisticated and can make mistakes.

Why? if only the germains have problems what is then the problem? :-)
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#14 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Well you should be nice and at least give Micha et al credit... I went to look for the song and almost bought it... then realized I already had it!

Are you going to be doing this kind of "controversial" videos every 4 years? :)

Drew

#15 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

To be fair there is only one very short clip of someone half-heartedly trying to hitch a ride on a shark's dorsal fin. One argument against that sort of thing is that it modifies the sharks' natural behaviour, but at Tiger Beach that argument is kind of silly since it's all anything but natural. A quick ride for a free meal seems like a good deal to me.

I liked the dolphin footage best (marred only by too much Belgian bum-crack at 11:25 :) ). The clip of shark and dolphin together at 13:00 is great! Are those dolphins fed by boats are they just enjoying hanging out?

As for the music, YouTube has been distinguishing rights territorially for years, and Germany, where rules are rules, has been the strictest. I remember reading that if you even filled in the "additional information" during the YouTube upload, it would cause problems with rights in Germany.

#16 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

Germany on You Tube is a real pain. Even if you have the rights to use the music they will still block it and it makes no difference if you appeal as once they've decided that it was used without a license they will continue to block it no matter what the actual reality is.

#17 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

To be fair there is only one very short clip of someone half-heartedly trying to hitch a ride on a shark's dorsal fin. One argument against that sort of thing is that it modifies the sharks' natural behaviour, but at Tiger Beach that argument is kind of silly since it's all anything but natural. A quick ride for a free meal seems like a good deal to me.

Just because the diver/snorkeler didn't quite grab the shark doesn't make it okay ... And as for dumbing this down because of location is 'silly' in itself... What next pulling morays from their holes and pawing at seahorses etc because it's been done there a few times ... I suppose the Dolphin massacre at Taiji is sort of okay because it happens there all the time!!? .. I know slightly more extreme but you get my point... People who watch this might think it's okay to 'ride' sharks Dolphins etc when its just wrong...

No touching 'at all' is how it should be.

Dean
Facebook me ;)

#18 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

I liked the dolphin footage best (marred only by too much Belgian bum-crack at 11:25 :) ). The clip of shark and dolphin together at 13:00 is great! Are those dolphins fed by boats are they just enjoying hanging out?

As for the music, YouTube has been distinguishing rights territorially for years, and Germany, where rules are rules, has been the strictest. I remember reading that if you even filled in the "additional information" during the YouTube upload, it would cause problems with rights in Germany.

Nick, thanks for the realistic comments!
About the "bum-crack" this is the dive guide from the boat a real Americain "bum-crack" hahaha

The dolphin & sharks shots togheter where really lucky, on the last day on Tiger Beach i was almost out of the water when people start yelling dolphins, i went down again and we had like for 10 minutes 3 dolphins comming to chek uss out!
I have much better shots but i am working on a documentary so i am not using the good stuff yet :-)
The guys on the boat told me that this was really unike, for me it was the first time like this and the dolphins keep comming back really intresting.
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing

#19 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Nick, thanks for the realistic comments!

Maybe you should be slightly more realistic! Shooting mindless idiots grabbing sharks for whatever reason is uneducated to say the least... If the shark did turn and remove their hand/arm then the media would be all over it and innocent sharks could be killed (it's happened before)

Dean
Facebook me ;)

#20 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Maybe you should be slightly more realistic! Shooting mindless idiots grabbing sharks for whatever reason is uneducated to say the least... If the shark did turn and remove their hand/arm then the media would be all over it and innocent sharks could be killed (it's happened before)

Dean

Sharks are always innocent, no matter if they intentionally attack humans, they are innocent. It's their territory, we are just guests in the ocean.
In fact this applies for every wild animal out there, if somebody is attacked by a wild animal it is the victim's fault.

If a lion kills a guy trying to feed it in the mouth, everybody will say, what a stupid act and the lion will be safe.
If the same happens with a shark, the shark will be hunted and killed, why? where is the difference?

I think that one of the mayor problems is that most of the people still thinks that sharks are monsters and that they are evil.
So it's a good thing to kill evil creatures. But they are not evil, they are wild.

Thousands of sharks are killed every day, if this kind of video helps people change their mind about sharks, so I say well done.

I think that the video is really good, I enjoyed it very much.
If the footage from 4:16 to 4:46 is cut it out, it will be better. But that is just my personal opinion. :)
Regards
Andres Cuevas

Nikon D7000, Tokina 10-17, Aquatica AD7000, Aquatica Mini Dome, 2xInon Z-240 type 4.
flickr