2 replies to this topic

#1 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Hi Folks,

it's time I got around to adding a 105mm to my rig. In addition I was looking at mounts for 67mm thread wet lens. Originally I was
looking at the F.I.T adapter for 100mm ports but now looking closely at the Deeproof mount. I'm concerned the grub screws used to
hold the F.I.T mount on will trash the exterior of the port, also I like/prefer the swing arm of the Deeproof version. Does anyone have
any experience of either unit?

Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#2 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I have the FIT 67mm adapter for my flat port. My port fits both the 60 micro and 105 micro using an extension. The little screws do rub small marks on the port outside surface. I find there is no need to adjust the screws for my port as it is tight enough already with the screws nearly totally 'open'. I will look again later (not at home at the moment) but I do not think the screws are doing anything serious to the port. But then, I do not to dive nearly as much as you do.
Seeing the Deeproof option, I think I would prefer that method. I would much prefer a lens setup I could move away and back when needed rather than the off/on only option. I have floats on all my ULCS arms so the lens caddy does not have a good place to locate.
I am thinking of buying the deeproof to replace my FIT unit. Wanna buy it 1/2 price? Of course, we have to get it shipped 1/2 way around the globe.

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#3 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

:) Thanks for the offer Dave but I think the reasons you are wanting to switch to the Deeproof are the same reasons I'm
looking at that one as opposed to the F.I.T. Thanks for your observations. Looks like the Deeproof is that new that no one
on WP has got their hands on one yet.

Will have to share once I do end up getting one.

Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.