Photo
- - - - -

Angelo Musco - possibly the greatest underwater art piece ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hey Crew,

Angelo Musco's work is world renowned.

I stumbled on a behind the scenes video of how he made his underwater masterpiece

The video is here To get an idea of the size of the final piece, check out the second video on the blog.

Here's his website

Personally, this guy is easily one of my favorite artists

Thoughts?

Cal

Edited by Cal, 25 April 2012 - 11:46 PM.

http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography

#2 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

I like the imagery although is not really what I like most. I understand is more of a mixed "art" with all the postprocessing involved etc... than specifically photography. What really impresses me are the resources, printing, mounting, craftmanship etc... (not much to do with art but with management).
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#3 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Shades of Hieronymus Bosch
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I love Bosch; his work is fascinating. Can stare at some of his pieces forever. Back in 77 I went to the Prada in Spain to see first hand. They wouldn't allow picture taking. Musco's work is a real craft that goes far beyond simple technical skill.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

200,000 bodies - and 2 years to create. Im in awe of both his vision and patience.