• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gina

gina

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Conservation groups Turtle Island Restoration Network of the US and PRETOMA of Costa Rica run semiannual trips to Cocos Island where they perform ongoing sea turtle and shark tagging. Join them September 24 - October 6, 2012 for a 12 day trip on the Undersea Hunter's Argo where you will do four dives a day and can help participate in catching turtles and tagging sharks.

I've done this trip twice before (and would be on this one as well, if only my schedule allowed it) and thought it was an amazing experience. Not only do you get to do all the world-renowned Cocos dives, you also get to contribute to conservation research, AND trips are tax-deductible (at least in the US).

For more information please go here: http://www.seaturtle...cle.php?id=1703

-Gina

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey Gina,
I noticed that the # of sea turtles was greatly reduced on my trip there last summer. The long liners are out in force.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 gina

gina

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I noticed that the # of sea turtles was greatly reduced on my trip there last summer. The long liners are out in force.

That's such a shame. Personally I'd love to see the rangers' boats outfitted with torpedoes :)

-Gina