6 replies to this topic

#1 Matti

Matti

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi There

Please find below the link to a short video of Raja Ampat in West Papua, Indonesia. The reefs in this area of the world are known to be the richest in the world with the greatest bio-diversity. This video is snap shot of what I witnessed while exploring this area over 1 week. I will have to go back and see all the things I missed. :)

Reflections of Raja Ampat

I hope that you enjoy.

regards

Matti

http://www.mattiovaska.com

#2 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi There

Please find below the link to a short video of Raja Ampat in West Papua, Indonesia. The reefs in this area of the world are known to be the richest in the world with the greatest bio-diversity. This video is snap shot of what I witnessed while exploring this area over 1 week. I will have to go back and see all the things I missed. :)

Reflections of Raja Ampat

I hope that you enjoy.

regards

Matti

http://www.mattiovaska.com

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. What camera/equipment did you use?
Dustin

Website - www.OceanShutter.com

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#3 Matti

Matti

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hi Dustin,

The surface shots where with a friends Canon 7D (he was to busy watching the views so I grabed it while he wasn't looking :) ) as my 5D MKII was all set up within it's housing. So underwater Aquatica with 8" dome port, Sola 1200 by 2, Sola 600 and Ikelite DS161 by 2. Lenses either Canon EF8-15mm Fisheye Zoom or Canon 15mm Fisheye with or without 1.4x Kenko Teleconverter.

Matti

Edited by Matti, 02 May 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Nice one Matti.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#5 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi Dustin,

The surface shots where with a friends Canon 7D (he was to busy watching the views so I grabed it while he wasn't looking :) ) as my 5D MKII was all set up within it's housing. So underwater Aquatica with 8" dome port, Sola 1200 by 2, Sola 600 and Ikelite DS161 by 2. Lenses either Canon EF8-15mm Fisheye Zoom or Canon 15mm Fisheye with or without 1.4x Kenko Teleconverter.

Matti

Nice, I haven't tried filming with my 8-15mm yet. But I will get a chance in komodo in a couple months.

Did you use any filters? How did you do your white balance?

Dustin

Website - www.OceanShutter.com

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#6 Matti

Matti

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I didn't have a filter with me only got one majic filter left and didn't want to cut it up for the 15mm fisheye or 8-15mm fisheye zoom. The colour was set up using manual white balance either off my hand or the sand.

I have one other video up on Vimeo shot in the same manner taken on the same trip but over in Cenderawasih Bay with the Whale Sharks there, though there the underwater footage (of the whale sharks) was exclusively with the 8-15mm.

Edited by Matti, 03 May 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#7 Don in Colorado

Don in Colorado

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I really enjoyed the video. I especially enjoyed the above water shots, as I was curious about that.

The underwater shots were very nice as well. The music was nice.

Thanks for sharing.