Photo
- - - - -

overexposed and can't change the manual setting!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 erenazul

erenazul

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hello. I really need a help! I had a photo shoot at indoor pool and
I had problems overexposing using ikelite strobe using AV mode. Wanted to switch manual on my Canon 50d
to stay with 1/250 and down the Fstops but it didn't let me. I can control the setting out side the housing but
when I put it in the housing, it doesn't let me control. What happened? What am I doing wrong?

- It never over exposed with ikelite strobe using AV mode before and now it does.

- I never had a problem controlling manual mode with ikelite housing but now it does.

Could you help me what I'm doing wrong, please? Or how I can fix it?
Thank you so so much!

#2 diverdoug1

diverdoug1

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, Cave diving, Trimix, Spearfishing, Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing, Skiing

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hello. I really need a help! I had a photo shoot at indoor pool and
I had problems overexposing using ikelite strobe using AV mode. Wanted to switch manual on my Canon 50d
to stay with 1/250 and down the Fstops but it didn't let me. I can control the setting out side the housing but
when I put it in the housing, it doesn't let me control. What happened? What am I doing wrong?

- It never over exposed with ikelite strobe using AV mode before and now it does.

- I never had a problem controlling manual mode with ikelite housing but now it does.

Could you help me what I'm doing wrong, please? Or how I can fix it?
Thank you so so much!

You probably have one of the control arms slightly maintaining pressure on one of your "active " control buttons on your SLR. Active controls are those that will lock out other functions when they are activated (such as preveiw, ev control, or ISO setting. take tha camera body out, turn EVERY control arm so that is ain a new position that is farther away form the camera body, then re-insert the camera body. Hope this helps!

#3 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

also, is the main camera switch all the way on (the first on position doesnt let you control the main dial)
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#4 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Watch the direction you are shooting. Some times in the pool, the light will bounce all around and over expose. Take one of your over images and crop every thing away except the subject and then look at the reduced image's histogram!
Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.