• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

The Patima PDCH-G9 underwater housing is designed exclusively for the Canon G9. All of the camera’s levers, dials and buttons can be easily used on this well-designed housing thereby maximizing control over all G9 functions when underwater. The aluminum housing has been depth rated to 120 meters (nearly 400 feet).

The housing comes with two ports: an exclusive wide-angle port and a basic port. The optional 67 mm threaded wide-angle conversion lens (not included) can be easily attached to the wide-angle port, and an optional close-up lens can be attached to the basic lens (I used the INON UCL – 165M67 Close-Up Lens – also not included).

Both slave and bulkhead synchronization is supported. The housing includes a Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead located on the side of the housing along with a fiber-optic cable adapter located on the front of the housing.

I’m also including a mount for the SubSee magnifier (magnifier not included). The SubSee mount provides the underwater photographer the highest level of shooting convenience. Once the SubSee Magnifier is inserted, it can be quickly and easily swung into or out of place in seconds.

But wait, there’s more. This camera is negatively buoyant, so I am including 2 Ultra Light buoyancy strobe arms to help offset the weight of the housing.

The housing has never been flooded and is in excellent condition. It does show a little sign of wear as I did use it on 3 dive trips (with great results I might add– even an octopus was envious and tried to take the housing from me – true story). Having said that, this is an extremely solid housing made of aluminum, not plastic. If it were larger, I think Indiana Jones would have chosen to hide in this housing over the refrigerator to survive the nuclear blast.

This camera housing doesn’t guarantee you will take good underwater photos, but it sure makes it easier!

Asking $400 for the package:
  • Patima PDCH-G9 Housing
  • Owner's Manual
  • 2 ports (basic and wide angle)
  • Subsee mount
  • 2 ULCS buoyancy arms
If you're familiar Patima products, you’ll know this is a great offer! Paypal is accepted and buyer pays shipping.

About the manufacturer:
Patima was established in August 1988 and is a leading provider and service center for underwater equipment throughout the world. Although not as well known in the US, Patima designs and manufactures high-end equipment for Underwater Photography, Underwater Video, Underwater Lighting, and Underwater closed circuit TV systems.

To view photos taken using Canon G9 in the Patima housing, click here: G9 Photos on Flickr

Attached Images

• Patima_8.jpg
  • Patima_1.jpg
  • Patima_2.jpg
  • Patima_3.jpg
  • Patima_4.jpg
  • Patima_5.jpg
  • Patima_6.jpg
  • Patima_7.jpg

Edited by lbaldwin99, 06 May 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#2 ricardgv

ricardgv

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

The Patima PDCH-G9 underwater housing is designed exclusively for the Canon G9. All of the camera’s levers, dials and buttons can be easily used on this well-designed housing thereby maximizing control over all G9 functions when underwater. The aluminum housing has been depth rated to 120 meters (nearly 400 feet).

The housing comes with two ports: an exclusive wide-angle port and a basic port. The optional 67 mm threaded wide-angle conversion lens (not included) can be easily attached to the wide-angle port, and an optional close-up lens can be attached to the basic lens (I used the INON UCL – 165M67 Close-Up Lens – also not included).

Both slave and bulkhead synchronization is supported. The housing includes a Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead located on the side of the housing along with a fiber-optic cable adapter located on the front of the housing.

I’m also including a mount for the SubSee magnifier (magnifier not included). The SubSee mount provides the underwater photographer the highest level of shooting convenience. Once the SubSee Magnifier is inserted, it can be quickly and easily swung into or out of place in seconds.

But wait, there’s more. This camera is negatively buoyant, so I am including 2 Ultra Light buoyancy strobe arms to help offset the weight of the housing.

The housing has never been flooded and is in excellent condition. It does show a little sign of wear as I did use it on 3 dive trips (with great results I might add– even an octopus was envious and tried to take the housing from me – true story). Having said that, this is an extremely solid housing made of aluminum, not plastic. If it were larger, I think Indiana Jones would have chosen to hide in this housing over the refrigerator to survive the nuclear blast.

This camera housing doesn’t guarantee you will take good underwater photos, but it sure makes it easier!

• Patima PDCH-G9 Housing
  • Owner's Manual
  • Subsee mount
  • 2 ULCS buoyancy arms
If you're familiar Patima products, you’ll know this is a great offer! Paypal is accepted and buyer pays shipping.

About the manufacturer:
Patima was established in August 1988 and is a leading provider and service center for underwater equipment throughout the world. Although not as well known in the US, Patima designs and manufactures high-end equipment for Underwater Photography, Underwater Video, Underwater Lighting, and Underwater closed circuit TV systems.

To view photos taken using Canon G9 in the Patima housing, click here: G9 Photos on Flickr

#3 ricardgv

ricardgv

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hi, I'm interested in this housing if it's still on sale, can you sent the package to Spain? What's the total price incluiding courier?

Tks nas brgds

#4 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hi, I'm interested in this housing if it's still on sale, can you sent the package to Spain? What's the total price incluiding courier?

Tks nas brgds

It is indeed still available. I need to check on shipping prices and get back to you. It may be a bit expensive due to the weight of the housing. How quickly do you want it?

kind regards -
Leslie

#5 ricardgv

ricardgv

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

In one week or 10 days it's ok for me,

Brgds

It is indeed still available. I need to check on shipping prices and get back to you. It may be a bit expensive due to the weight of the housing. How quickly do you want it?

kind regards -
Leslie

#6 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

In one week or 10 days it's ok for me,

Brgds

I will try to get this information to you as soon as possible. You kind of caught me at a bad time - I am going out of town in the next couple of days and have quite a bit to do to prepare. I will try to get this information before I leave on my trip.

Kind regards -
Leslie

#7 ricardgv

ricardgv

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hi Leslie,

Are you still interested in sell it ?

Ricard, Brgds

#8 Markosixty6

Markosixty6

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Staying Alive

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hi Leslie.
I would hate to cut anyones grass here but business is business. and i would very much like to get my hands on that housing.
If it is still for sale can you pm me to get the finer details organised.
Kinds regards
Marko

#9 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi Leslie,

Are you still interested in sell it ?

Ricard, Brgds

Hello Ricard -
My apologies for not responding sooner. I didn't get a chance to get a shipping price before I went out of town.

Cost for shipping will be $50 US. Are you still interested? Total cost is $450 US.

Leslie

#10 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi Leslie.
I would hate to cut anyones grass here but business is business. and i would very much like to get my hands on that housing.
If it is still for sale can you pm me to get the finer details organised.
Kinds regards
Marko

Hi Marko -
I do have another buyer interested, however if he decides not to buy, I will let you know. It's a great housing - extremely well built. I just invested in a new Olympus camera and I don't use this anymore. I hate for it not to be used.

Leslie

#11 ricardgv

ricardgv

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ok Leslie, pls send me your PayPal details to ricardgv@hotmail.com and I'll revert with full address,

Brgds

#12 lbaldwin99

lbaldwin99

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

***THIS ITEM IS NOW SOLD *** :lol:

The Patima PDCH-G9 underwater housing is designed exclusively for the Canon G9. All of the camera's levers, dials and buttons can be easily used on this well-designed housing thereby maximizing control over all G9 functions when underwater. The aluminum housing has been depth rated to 120 meters (nearly 400 feet).

I'm also including a mount for the SubSee magnifier (magnifier not included). The SubSee mount provides the underwater photographer the highest level of shooting convenience. Once the SubSee Magnifier is inserted, it can be quickly and easily swung into or out of place in seconds.

But wait, there's more. This camera is negatively buoyant, so I am including 2 Ultra Light buoyancy strobe arms to help offset the weight of the housing.

This camera housing doesn't guarantee you will take good underwater photos, but it sure makes it easier!

• Patima PDCH-G9 Housing
  • Owner's Manual
  • Subsee mount
  • 2 ULCS buoyancy arms
If you're familiar Patima products, you'll know this is a great offer! Paypal is accepted and buyer pays shipping.

About the manufacturer: