• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

The Ikelite housing for the S100 does not allow access to the rear ring control. Is this a problem for the u/w photographer?

It isn't clear to me if the Canon housing gives you full access or not. Anyone out there care to comment?

The RecSea housing is very nice, but there have been reports of pitting and poor service from RecSea.

Edited by jlyle, 07 May 2012 - 06:18 AM.

Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#2 kmo_underwater

kmo_underwater

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

The canon housing also only has control of the front wheel. My work-around for an s95 in an ikelite housing is to use the wheel function button to switch between apeture and shutter speed control for the front wheel. I had to set shutter speed as my custom front wheel control to do this. I find this a pain and if money was no object would have bought a housing with full controls (or more likely a micro 4/3rds camera and ali housing).

#3 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

The Fisheye FIX housing gives full control over both front and rear dials.
www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#4 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

The Fit housing is fantastic for this camera and so far everyone seems to be really enjoying them.

#5 Yoav Lavi

Yoav Lavi

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

I have Ikelite housing for the S100. Although you can't access the rear wheel, There is a work around. With the ring.func button you can define the front wheel to do any function you like.

#6 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

I have Ikelite housing for the S100. Although you can't access the rear wheel, There is a work around. With the ring.func button you can define the front wheel to do any function you like.

Just the information I was looking for. Thank you.

I saw your images - very, very nice!
Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#7 ardijump

ardijump

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Underwather Photo

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just the information I was looking for. Thank you.

I saw your images - very, very nice!

I have the fix housing. I've had in my hands and I recommend Issota housing. Is smaller and has anti humidity alarm. I love the softness in the front ring control . I think it's cheaper than the fix
regards

Edited by ardijump, 12 May 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#8 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

The Ikelite housing for the S100 does not allow access to the rear ring control. Is this a problem for the u/w photographer?

It isn't clear to me if the Canon housing gives you full access or not. Anyone out there care to comment?

The RecSea housing is very nice, but there have been reports of pitting and poor service from RecSea.

There are plenty of people with the RecSea housing without any problems. The only difference between that an the FIX is the cathode that you can create yourself inserting a zinc washer
It also is clear that if you don't leave housing to soak for long times in water that is not really fresh you never experience any corrosion either so it is difficult to say right now if those who experienced corrosion did so because they flooded the housing or did something with it

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog