• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 norbertwu

norbertwu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

These TLC arms and clamps have worked for me for years. I am clearing out my garage, so I am selling these used arms and clamps. They work just as well as the newer ULCS arms. Get a great deal on arms that work well and fit existing systems. They may not look as good as new but will work just as well.

These arms consist of a bottom base arm that fits right into a standard dovetail shoe, and a top arm that has a flat end. They are simple, as opposed to the dozens of arms and clamps that many folks use today (which I consider overly complicated).

All “bottom” arms fit standard dovetail shoes. The advantage of the bases are that they already fit the ULCS dovetail plate BA-DB- A dovetail plate. The arms just slide right in.

All “top” arms have a flat end with a hole that allows a 3/8” bolt to go through them. I used them on Ikelite Substrobe 200s, DS-160s, DS-125s, and DS-50 series. They were made to fit inside Sea & Sea strobes. They can be used on any Ikelite strobe like the DS-160 with the original Ikelite mount (that offers a flat mounting point). They can likely fit any strobe if you have some imagination and some very basic machining skills, like the ability to drill holes in an adapter.

Long arms: 15” long each.
I have two pairs of arms with a 15” base and a 15” top, and one clamp. These are long arms for wide-angle shooting. I rarely used these and they are in excellent working and cosmetic condition, so are priced a bit more than my other arms.

Clamp sets are $23.
The 15” base arm is $40.
The 15” top arm is $40.
I will sell a set for $100.

Medium arms: 11” long each
I have two pairs of arms with 11” bases and tops. These can be used for either macro or wide-angle shooting.
The 8” base arm is somewhat like the ULCS DB-08 (medium length arm, used for macro or wide angle photography). Price $35.
The 11” top is basically the same as the ULCS SBSS-8 single ball, Sea & Sea end, but is 3” longer: $40.
Clamp set is $22.
I will sell a set for $90.

I have two pairs of arms with 8” bases and 11” tops. I used these primarily for macro shooting.
The 8” base arm is somewhat like the ULCS DB-08 (medium length arm, used for macro or wide angle photography). Price $35.
The 8” top arm is essentially the same as the ULCS SBSS-8 - Single ball 8” arm with a Sea and Sea strobe adapter at the other end: $40.
Clamp sets are $22.
I will sell a set for for $90.

I can consider parting out for the prices above…

If you are interested, please contact Norbert Wu at temp2_at_norbertwu.com. Please no phone calls. I am happy to entertain reasonable offers. I can accept credit cards, Paypal, money orders, and personal checks. Money orders and personal checks will have to clear my bank before the product is shipped; which can take up to three weeks. Shipping will be at buyer's expense (at actual cost) and will be UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, or USPS Priority Mail (all of which give tracking of packages). If we conclude a deal, I'll give you a quote for shipping via one of the above methods.

Thanks!

Norbert Wu

Attached Images

• _MG_4331.JPG
  • _MG_4334.JPG

#2 norbertwu

norbertwu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Bump...price on all sets lowered by $10. So for example, one set of medium arms that was selling for $90 is now $80.

I can consider parting out for the prices above…