• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reef Hook

Reef Hook

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Our group of four divers are now back in the U.K. after three weeks in the Philippines.
Our first week was spent on a livaboard out to the Tubbataha Reef atolls in the Sulu Sea. We love our big pelagics but this was not to be this trip and most of the week was spent diving the sheer walls of the two atolls with just a sprinkling of shark action to keep us going. Things livened up on the fith day when, at 6.30am the boat struck and grounded on the reef close to the ranger station. Cue an emergency evacuation of the leaning boat and a much longer visit to the ranger station than anticipated as we waited for high tide to float the boat off. In hindsight it was a good job the livaboard was steel and not wood as I reckon if it had been the later she would have sunk!
On to the island of Negros and to a dive resort outside the city of Dumaguete were we spent eight days muck diving and several dives off Apo Island.
Now I am as stated a "big fish" fellow and did not think a full week of muck diving would be my "cup of tea", however the sheer range and number of rare and odd creatures on every dive so impressed all of us we will be back for another trip later this year.
I apologise in advance for the schoolboy errors in the imbedded video. My only excuse is all the kit was brand new and this was its shakedown trip.
Record light not turned off giving reflection in the port.
External wet red filter (now "binned") that gave vignetting and colour inconsistency problems.

[vimeohd]42264369[/vimeohd]

Panasonic HDC 800 1080p @ 50fps
Seapro custom built case
Optolite (Ivanoff) port

Edited by Reef Hook, 16 May 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#2 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for sharing
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547