Photo
- - - - -

Music sources for soundtracks (Royalty free, licenced etc)

royalty free sound track music

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10698 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

I think it time to put together a resource thread for sources for music instead of having one pop up every now and then.

Sick of asking for permission to use published ASCAP work, I've gone through a few sites and found one that has good contemporary works as well as cinematic works. Musicbed has nice vocals, instrumental and cinematic music for professional use. From $49-$999 license fees depending on use, the variety of music is good and very useful for the professional looking to license music for their work.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10698 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

Vimeo has its own music store where one can purchase music from SmartSound cut to the length of the video or existing tracks.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 escape

escape

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I used lot of royalty free bgm from Jamendo.

More CC-licensed info: https://creativecomm...lmusicforvideos

#4 jsmithNW

jsmithNW

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

The License Lab has been a great resource for us.  Price depends on how it is used.  They have a huge library of high quality pieces. 

http://licenselab.com/

#5 TK1979

TK1979

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:46 AM

With the new Apple Music Store (I know this is not for everyone) you can download anything you like for free as long as you are subscribed to the Apple license. And this music can also be added to you videos by taking the file from your downloads folder and dropping it into the NLE. So basically in this particular case you are paying $3.99/month for all the music on itunes. 

Once you stop your subscription I believe all those downloads with not be available anymore on your itunes library but it has already been transferred to your NLE so it will be there forever. 

Edited by TK1979, 12 November 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#6 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1999 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

I should point out that using music from the Apple Store is probably in breach of its copyright!

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#7 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2193 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:17 AM

Agreed, Adam.

On the subject of copyright, I've seen a lot of people posting videos with music under a Creative Commons "share alike" BY-SA license on YouTube, Vimeo etc.. Unless you also share your video production as BY-SA, my interpretation is that this is actually a breach of the licence, because syncing the music to a video counts as an "adaptation". The CC licence you need is CC-BY, and this is much more rare to find than BY-SA. For example Jamendo has recently disabled the search for their CC-BY music. If you want to use Jamendo music legally on a web video, without also sharing your video as BY-SA, you have to buy a licence.

However I have just noticed that Jamendo now has a USD 4.99 personal licence. It was USD 99 not long ago. This is great news.

#8 SouthFloridaMermaid

SouthFloridaMermaid

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

I used lot of royalty free bgm from Jamendo.

More CC-licensed info: https://creativecomm...lmusicforvideos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royalty free, sound track, music