• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kannjihyun

kannjihyun

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

I noticed that Nauticam hasn't updated Canon's port chart for the newly released 8-15 fisheye lens yet. I'm using Tokina with 8.5" dome + 20mm extension ring now. Do you think this same port set would work with the Canon 8-15 fisheye?

#2 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

I noticed that Nauticam hasn't updated Canon's port chart for the newly released 8-15 fisheye lens yet. I'm using Tokina with 8.5" dome + 20mm extension ring now. Do you think this same port set would work with the Canon 8-15 fisheye?

30mm of extension is recommended, but you'd likely not be able to see the difference between 20mm and 30mm in the 8.5 dome.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#3 kannjihyun

kannjihyun

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

30mm of extension is recommended, but you'd likely not be able to see the difference between 20mm and 30mm in the 8.5 dome.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply!

So... The 20mm extension dome will be working fine as well? Why would the 30mm work better then the 20mm?

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

So... The 20mm extension dome will be working fine as well? Why would the 30mm work better then the 20mm?

30mm is recommended, but you could certainly test the 20mm and see fi the image quality meets your needs. These things are somewhat subjective.

More info here:
http://wetpixel.com/...ll/dome-theory/

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com