The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8384 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

New Nikon D700 Firmware:

https://nikoneurope-...tail/a_id/52614

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#2 chipi

chipi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone knows what is the value of it?

Nikon seems to mention only this one fix: "An issue that, in some very rare cases, caused images to be extremely under-exposed has been resolved."

Marko

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8384 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Nope. I don't have my D700 with me to try. But I have experienced the "extreme under exposure issue" which happens on my D700 sometimes when I use the Kenko 1.4 TC. My Kenko 1.5TC and others are fine on the D700 and the 1.4TC is fine on my other Nikons - so this may solve it.
But I can't try it yet.
Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 Aquapaul

Aquapaul

Sting Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Photography above and below the waves.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have had the extreme under exposure thing happen when using my Kenko 1.4 TC on my D7000. I was pretty sure my strobes were not firing but after close examination of my images on my computer the strobes were firing. I might shoot 10 shots before it happens or maybe every other photo sometimes. The metadata reads the same on the dark images. It seams to happen when my Tokina 10-17 is zoomed fully one way or the other. I am thinking it must have to do with the contacts in either the lens or the TC and it happens with that little bit of toque applied to the combo when the zoom comes to the end of it's travel.

I do have a D700 too and haven't had the under exposure thing happen yet with it. Not sure I will up grade to the new firmware until I find a benefit.
Paul Chase

----}<))))"> ----------}<))))'>
-----------}<)))))))))*>