• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Basileus

Basileus

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Being in a doubt what topic is more suitable for this post, decided to drop in here as a separate thread.
My question (=problem) is about 110a DS-TTL sync with PT-EP01 via optical cord.
And as far as I understand my problem is not unique and it is a "out of sync" problem. DS-TTL is not working.
Unlike a people who suffer the same issue, I can provide a diagram of light output of camera strobe and
Sea & Sea strobe. See attached.

graph on the up (of each image) is a S&S output TTL - slave full output, graph below E-PL1 strobe. Forced flash.
Unfortunately, here in Russia I have no official S&S support, so I cant use an official service. Suspect
some strobe malfunction, or E-PL1 is not compatible with 110a in fact.
Comments and/or advices, especially from Sea&Sea reps would be much appreciated.
Vasily

Attached Images

• ss1.png
  • ss3.png

#2 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2288 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Being in a doubt what topic is more suitable for this post, decided to drop in here as a separate thread.
My question (=problem) is about 110a DS-TTL sync with PT-EP01 via optical cord.
And as far as I understand my problem is not unique and it is a "out of sync" problem. DS-TTL is not working.
Unlike a people who suffer the same issue, I can provide a diagram of light output of camera strobe and
Sea & Sea strobe. See attached.

graph on the up (of each image) is a S&S output TTL - slave full output, graph below E-PL1 strobe. Forced flash.
Unfortunately, here in Russia I have no official S&S support, so I cant use an official service. Suspect
some strobe malfunction, or E-PL1 is not compatible with 110a in fact.
Comments and/or advices, especially from Sea&Sea reps would be much appreciated.
Vasily

I will take a wag and suggest your strobe is firing on the pre flash.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#3 Basileus

Basileus

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

definitely it looks like, but where is a DS-TTL "mimics"? assume there is a false triggered action on zero point on the gpaph of PL1 strobe, possibly caused by sensor overloading as a reason of short FO cord and high level of light. Here the graphs with "attenuated" FO cord. Winth a different level of attenuation.First - a high, second - low attenuation.

Attached Images

• ss_dumped3.png
  • ss_dumped4_veryLow.png

Edited by Basileus, 05 June 2012 - 12:49 AM.