12 replies to this topic

#1 benedika

benedika

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi,
A movie from the Italian lake Capo D' Acqua.
[vimeohd]43411615[/vimeohd]

escape and watch: www.globaldivemedia.com or for facebookers: www.facebook.com/globaldivemedia

#2 dykvideo

dykvideo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Diving and sailing.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi,
A movie from the Italian lake Capo D' Acqua.
[vimeohd]43411615[/vimeohd]

Nice and interesting :)

Søren
www.dykvideo.dk

#3 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

What was the vis? It looks super clean, great work

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#4 benedika

benedika

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

What was the vis? It looks super clean, great work

Thanks Jonny.Approx 90 to 120 feet

escape and watch: www.globaldivemedia.com or for facebookers: www.facebook.com/globaldivemedia

#5 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

That water looks so nice & clean. Certainly an interesting dive site.
I enjoyed that, thankyou.
Cheers Pete.
Owner of Down Under Aquatic Imaging. Stockist of Gates/Subal/Archon/Flip3.1
www.duai.com.au

#6 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8384 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Nicely put together film. I dived there last year and really enjoyed it, your film brings back lots of memories.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#7 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Nice film. Do you know how long ago they flooded it, and how old those ruins are?

#8 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Nice film. Do you know how long ago they flooded it, and how old those ruins are?

Hi Nick,

Water is pouring in the valley from several undergorund springs which formed a couple of bourns. In the midlle age two mills and a paint factory were powered by these creeks. Then during the mid 60s they built a small barrier to create a lake as a water supply for the surrounding lands; today it is also used to supply power to an hydroelectric station.

The lake is private owned. You arrange a dive for a small fee and usually you get a dive + lunch in a nearby restaurant. According to someone (as me :D ) the lunch is better than the dive: we are in a part of Italy famous for wild sheep-grazing :)

http://bit.ly/JWwWDO
Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/

#9 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Very peaceful film. The one place I have yet to go that is still on the bucket list is Italy. Will get there eventually. Always wanted to see Pompeii
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#10 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Very peaceful film. The one place I have yet to go that is still on the bucket list is Italy. Will get there eventually. Always wanted to see Pompeii Steve

If you bring with you your dive gear we could arrange a dive in Capri :)
Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.

#11 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Would love that and much thanks. Will see what and when I can get away.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#12 benedika

benedika

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

I have been in South Italy three times. It' s a wonderful place. An old fellow is married here and is living in Calabria. The food, ice cream, landscapes, Eolie Islands are a great spot. Yesterday we have been on the Vulcano Stromboli to watch the eruptions. You really have a huge variety to spend the time.

#13 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I have been in South Italy three times. It' s a wonderful place. An old fellow is married here and is living in Calabria. The food, ice cream, landscapes, Eolie Islands are a great spot. Yesterday we have been on the Vulcano Stromboli to watch the eruptions. You really have a huge variety to spend the time.

Looking forward to see some uw footage form the Eolie islands!

Posted Image