#1 dykvideo

dykvideo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Diving and sailing.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to somehow connect an extern monitor to the Sea and Sea D7 Canon housing.

Would it be possible to connect or change one of the adapter so it is possible to use it with some kind of bulkhead for a Monitor.

Thanks,

Søren
www.dykvideo.dk

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10638 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

I remember S&S had a 4:3 monitor for their video housings using component connectors. Not sure if they still make those any more.

Other alternatives include the Backscatter Wahoo monitor, which I'm sure can be modified to fit a S&S housing. Also Nauticam has a SmallHD DP4 housing which you can look at. Both use mini-HDMI. The only issue I can think of is that the S&S housing may not have the space to fit the HDMI plug.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 dykvideo

dykvideo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Diving and sailing.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

I remember S&S had a 4:3 monitor for their video housings using component connectors. Not sure if they still make those any more.

Other alternatives include the Backscatter Wahoo monitor, which I'm sure can be modified to fit a S&S housing. Also Nauticam has a SmallHD DP4 housing which you can look at. Both use mini-HDMI. The only issue I can think of is that the S&S housing may not have the space to fit the HDMI plug.

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the answer. Yeah have looked a little around and looks like i have to modify the bulkhead to a HDMI.

Søren
www.dykvideo.dk