• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 divingkam

divingkam

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

I have the chance to purchase a 1965 Calypso in very good condition, anyone have any idea how much they are worth at the moment?
Thanks, K.

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:34 PM

There are a bunch for sale on Ebay right now. You can do a search there for "calypso" and then sort the results by "recent auctions" so see how much they have been selling for.

HTH
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 scorpio_fish

scorpio_fish

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:55 AM

First, if is the original Calypso, i.e. it doesn't say Nikonos anywhere on it, it should go for $900-$1100 in excellent condition with accessories. This is the French made version and has the fake seal skin on the body.

If it is the first Nikon version, it might go for $100-$300.

Big gap huh? Today's $100 camera is tomorrow's $1000 camera, maybe.

Revision:

If it is from '65 it is the first Nikon made unit and says Calypso/Nikkor on it. I haven't paid much attention to pricing on this one, but it may be worth buying and holding.

There is an original Calypso on e-bay right now with a "Buy it Now" price of $1200.

There is one like the one you are talking about. Asking $750. I think it's a littly steep. No bidders.

#4 divingkam

divingkam

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:57 PM

Thanks guys, for your help. It is a an original and i think from the prices quoted above more than a bargain. Thanks heaps - Kristy.