• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

OK Guys and gals! Here is the first clip from the maiden voyage of my Canon S30 w/ L&M housing. Thanks to everyone who chimed in on helping me decide on buying this set up. So far, I am extremely pleased with the initial results. It also is my first foray into the world of Mac, having always been a PC dude. The Final Cut X software that most everyone here recommended to me is becoming easier to use with each attempt. Please be gentle on the critique.... :) I'm new to Video. On the self critique I'll start off with the length of the clip (9 mins). with 8 days of great diving, it was hard to get it down to that length. As I learn, I'm sure I'll look back at this clip and think..."Coulda trimmed that...coulda cut that" etc..

Thanks again for all the help during the research and buying process!!

Greg

Similan Islands....
http://www.flickr.co...804385191/show/

Nikon D90, Aquatica housing, Ys-110 strobes, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikon 60mm + 105mm, 8" dome port.

Canon HF S30, L&M Housing, 2x Sola 1200 lights.

#2 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

G;day Greg,
Wow, that is great for a first attempt, heaps better than my first video. Looks like you have got a good grasp on white balance. That will become second nature after a while.
You could have cut out some of the shots or atleast shortened some of them but otherwise very well done.
I am glad you like the L&M bluefin. Was all the footage shot with the 80degree lens?
Keep up the good work & post some more videos.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#3 sideways

sideways

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

G;day Greg,
Wow, that is great for a first attempt, heaps better than my first video. Looks like you have got a good grasp on white balance. That will become second nature after a while.
You could have cut out some of the shots or atleast shortened some of them but otherwise very well done.
I am glad you like the L&M bluefin. Was all the footage shot with the 80degree lens?
Keep up the good work & post some more videos.
Cheers Pete.

Howdy Pete, Yeah I didn't even bother with the flat port. Everything was done with the 80 degree. I'll try the flat port and tripod in Wakatobi, tripod would have been tough in the drift dives of Cozumel...LOL. Thanks for the pointers also :) This is new too me, and I know I made some big mistakes, but I will get better with friends like yours help :) Thanks Amigo!!

Greg
Similan Islands....
http://www.flickr.co...804385191/show/

Nikon D90, Aquatica housing, Ys-110 strobes, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikon 60mm + 105mm, 8" dome port.

Canon HF S30, L&M Housing, 2x Sola 1200 lights.

#4 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Have a look in the forum http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=14961 it will show you how to embed your vimeo movies Greg.
I have done this one for you :)
Cheers Pete.

[vimeohd]43788428[/vimeohd]

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547