• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rafa Herrero

Rafa Herrero

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Another preview of the documentary "Isora, story of a pod of pilot whales," in which it is narrated the life of a pod of pilot whales living in Canary Islands, as well as their space and the residents sharing that space.

[vimeohd]43911602[/vimeohd]

#2 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

As great as always! I wrote an article on this same topic two weeks ago :)
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Beautiful colors; was much CC done? I would have held the turtle shot going overhead at 1:19-1:25 a touch longer and let it go overhead a bit before the cut. Enjoyed the whole film.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 Rafa Herrero

Rafa Herrero

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Steve, you are absolutely right. In the documentary will be different :)

I do not understand "was much CC done" . I'm sorry by my bad English. If it refers to the documentary, I'm starting to edit now. I hope to have it finished by the end of this year.

All the best

#5 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

CC = Colour Correction

#6 Rafa Herrero

Rafa Herrero

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks Nick :) Yes, just a little color, saturation and adjustment of blacks. Edited in Final Cut Pro X.

#7 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well done Rafa!
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.