• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 glamourpuss

glamourpuss

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I know the topic of DEPP has been discussed a lot on this forum, but I'm trying to get a claim processed, and surprise, surprise, I'm having no luck getting a response from anyone. Wondering if someone might have other contact numbers or email addresses that might go to someone who might actually do something. So far I have tried these all multiple times:

DEPPInfo@AWRYInc.com
Info@AWRYInc.com
dixie@awryinc.com
Broker@AWRYInc.com
DWL@IPGInsurance.com
Info@IPGInsurance.com

The only phone number I've been able to find is (502) 565-4357. I have been calling this daily for the last two weeks and leaving a message, but still haven't heard anything.

Their website is currently down "for upgrades", and that number is no longer listed.

Any advice in getting things resolved is greatly appreciate.

#2 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1181 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

All this time, the website has remained up. It does not look good.

Dixie is now doing home staging, according to Linked in. A check of her website says:
"For more information, please call Dixie Lehrmitt at 502-639-6582"
I am not one to want to publish personal info, but as a customer of DEPP for as long as they have existed, I am not amused, as I feel I have had a false sense of security when I have contributed thousands of dollars to their coffers.
You might want to contact the Attorney General's office in Kentucky.

Regards, and good luck,

Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#3 danielstassen

danielstassen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Dive, dive, and dive again.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Indeed, it does not look good...

I would also like to get some information about what is going on! That insurance costs a lot of $ and I should still be covered until 2013. I contacted them and still waiting for a response.

Anyone with some solid info?

Cheers

Daniel
Daniel Stassen

Marine Biologist, Pearl Farmer, and photographer at heart...

My Blog: www.dstassen.com

My equipment: Canon 7D, Nauticam ND7, Nauticam 180 degree viewfinder, lenses (canon) 100 mm, 60 mm, 10-22 mm. Twin Inon Z240 strobes, 3 x Sea&Sea YS110 alpha.

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Is it time to move DEPP discussions to the Fraud forum?
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 AllisonFinch

AllisonFinch

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:Caves, photos and long distance travel to dive.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I dealt with DEPP for a couple of years. When my sister had a heck of a time recovering a claim, I dropped them like a hot rock.

Good luck, but I am not thinking you will be lucky here. This has been coming for a long time.

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

We will all see whether they have a booth at DEMA this year....or not.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 AllisonFinch

AllisonFinch

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:Caves, photos and long distance travel to dive.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

If they do, they can expect this kind of reception from all of their "satisfied" customers!

Posted Image

#8 Eyematey

Eyematey

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

The following is an email received the other day about renewal. The phone number hasn't been tried but I may cancel also. Email address is....

Dixie@AWRYInc.com

6/15/2012

Dear Expires Thursday, June 21, 2012

YOUR DEPP RENEWAL IS SCHEDULED TO PROCESS ON THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012. IF THIS DATE IS A HOLIDAY OR WEEKEND, THEN IT WILL PROCESS ON THE BUSINESS DAY PRIOR TO THIS DATE. THIS POLICY WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW TO ANY ACTIVE METHOD OF PAYMENT WE HAVE ON FILE UNLESS DEPP IS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED. IF YOU HAVE MADE ANY CHANGES IN EQUIPMENT, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR HAVE QUESTIONS; CONTACT DIXIE AT 502-565-4357 OR RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL.

The transaction will be listed on your credit card statement as billed by AWRY Inc.

THERE WILL BE A $50 SERVICE FEE APPLIED TO ALL CANCELLATIONS MADE AFTER YOUR RENEWAL DATE.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS.

DEPP CUSTOMER SERVICE

#9 Eyematey

Eyematey

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Here is a little more info from another email with a FAX number.

"We can be contacted via phone at 502-565-4357, fax 775-640-6449 or email Info@IPGInsurance.com

Coverage is being offered by I.P.G., Inc., the brokers for the DEPP program. This program is administered by The Coral Reef.

Again, we would like to thank you for your continued interest and support of DEPP.

In order to cancel policy, please send cancellation in written form to either Info@IPGInsurance.com , fax to 775-640-6449 or mail.

Happy Diving,
DEPP Staff"

#10 Marjo

Marjo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Conservation photography, climate change resilience, species and habitat conservation

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Coverage is being offered by I.P.G., Inc., the brokers for the DEPP program. This program is administered by The Coral Reef.

Look it up on the website of Kentucky Secretary of State and you will see that I.P.G, The Coral Reef, AWRY, it is all the same people https://app.sos.ky.g...XIE A. LEHRMITT

"The Coral Reef" is an assumed name for their appropriately named company "A.W.R.Y."

Yawn. :lol:

#11 S1mon

S1mon

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

DEPP- fraudulent beyond any doubt.
My story is that I suffered an insured loss back in April 2011. I made a claim from Belize where I was working at the time. I didnt send the paperwork by courier so of course they "didnt receive it" so I made the declaration, got it notorised again and sent it by fedex this time. Then the fun really started. They do not have a telephone line (that anyone will answer or pay any notice to) so you cannot call, you have to email. I averaged 3-4 emails before i got a response and usually at least 3-4 weeks wait each time. Dixie bulls**ts you and leads you on and when you reach just the right level of stress she passes you on to the Broker, Deane, who is the voice of reason and sends a lengthy email about how its all the consumers fault that they are slow to pay. Then he bulls**ts you around for a few months too. They appear to comunicate with each other by email and you get the impression that he works for a different company (IPG) , but as they are married this is clearly crap too and they almost certainly run this little scam from their home. You can search for them on the companies register and see the raft of companies that they maintain.
I eventually got approved for my claim in October last year. They did no investigation, asked for no proof and I thought this strange. but then of course they had no intention of paying!
Its now July 2012 and still nothing. they no longer make any pretence of their intention to pay. they do not respond to me and I am pretty pissed.
My claim is worth $3500 and I intend to do what I can to get my money.
I work as a Cruise Director on a liveaboard so each and every week I tell my story to the photographers who come on the boat, my intention is to cost them as much lost premium as I can. I have already persuaded two of their existing customers to switch to H20 insurance through DAN at renewal time.
Also, one of the guests on my boat works as a Private Investigator and he is working on it for me, for free. I will keep you updated on what happens... he already has some information on them that maybe they would prefer I didnt.
Another of my recent guests is in the Insurance business and knows the Insurance Commissioner for Kentucky and promised to do what he can to help.
If you have an issue with them I suggest you:
1) Contact the Kentucky State Insurance Regulator/Commissioner (I forget their proper name, but its easy to find). make a complaint, it might help, but it might not.
2) Do not stop emailing- do not give up
3) Spread the word to everyone you meet in the diving world

Allison, if they do have the gall to show their faces at DEMA give them a poke for me too please!

Best
Simon
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Kenneth Grahame (The Wind in the Willows)

#12 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

A real shame this is. At least you know that DAN's insurance is on the up and up.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#13 Eyematey

Eyematey

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

My coverage was up for renewal last month. I contacted DEPP and received a response within 24 hrs. I did cancel and received confirmation within 24 hrs. Never had a claim so can't coment on that.

So whats the best coverage for the buck these days? Home Owners not an option with my insurer.

#14 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

If you are a member of DAN as I am sure you would be, contact them and get gear insurance from them. They really are excellent.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#15 saudio

saudio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Just for the record, if the authorities are reading these threads as a part of their fraud investigation, I have all the e-mail correspondance saved from my 8 month odyssey of trying to get a claim settled and I'd be happy to provide them upon request.

#16 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I doubt if any 'authorities' are reading this, but it might behoove you to contact them and send your info. Keep copies of everything.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#17 saudio

saudio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I doubt if any 'authorities' are reading this, but it might behoove you to contact them and send your info. Keep copies of everything.
Steve

Hey steve, I finally got my money then dropped them like a bad habit, so I won't go out of my way, but I'm willing to help if everybody gets lawyered up.

#18 sharkdiver00

sharkdiver00

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

I received an email regarding my renewal in August. While I had a claim with them three years ago and eventually I got a new dive computer, my main issue with them is the following:

My credit card was charged THREE times, yes that is correct - three times - for my annual policy which was a rather large amount. I tried many, many times via phone both with Dixie Lehrmitt and Sandra Hall to receive a refund from DEPP wither via a check or via my credit card and they NEVER paid back the money thew took. All I received was two emails offering excuses as to why it was taking so long.

If anybody at DEPP is reading this post and would like their reputation to be sorted out with me, they are invited to contact me directly. They were my preferred company for over five years.

Add me to the list of those who are willing to help in any investigation.

Maria

#19 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Dear All,
I hate to say it, or admit it, but this weekend I had a major flood of my Nauticam housing for the 7D. The fault was not really mine, but a new connector in the bulkhead for testing of an external monitor that was not installed by me. A knot the size of an elephant has been in my stomach since Sat. I brought the gear up to C & H Photo in La Jolla, Dave Hinkel, the owner evaluated the damage and immediately sent an estimate to DAN's insurance company. To show you all how good I think DAN is, they have already sent out a check. I called them with a question or two this morning, got the proper rep on the first ring and she answered me clearly and very much to my satisfaction. I can't express how pleased I am with DAN's service.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#20 jimirak

jimirak

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Stills and Video, as well as topside nature photography.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

I had until recently been insured with DEPP for five years continuously. Last year I noticed a small amount of water in my housing after opening the housing after a dive and thought it must have been a rinse bucket leak, but after it happened during a dive, a closer look confirmed there was a small curved dent across the O-Ring groove. This had to be made by my accidentally dropping the back of the housing on one of the alignment dowel pins, as the dowel pins are truncated cones having a sharp edge.

After going back and forth over this matter for some time with Mr. Deane Lehrmitt, the head of DEPP and who communicated with me about the claim, nothing happened. Later Mr. Lermitt told me the claim was approved for payment but the claim until this day has not been paid. Recently DEPP notified me that they would be deducting another year of coverage unless I explicitly canceled. I emailed them with my cancellation and told them I would reconsider if they paid the claim. I have not heard back from them since.