To Start I know that the D800 is obviously going to be a better camera. I have a budget since im a broke dive master soon to be instructor. Im a nature photographer on land and know a lot about camera and shooting. Now I dont know a lot about underwater photography so this is why I need help picking a camera that will be right for my situation.
I have a d800 with a nikkor 16mm fisheye and a nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR AF-S. I want to be able to shoot wide angel and Macro so im guessing i will need to get another lens or do both of those work? I have been looking at an Ikilite with 2 sea&sea ys-01's (thats all I will be able to affordable). I have also been able to find a used Olympus E-PL1 and a housing for very cheep with the same strobes (2 sea&sea ys-01's) but if i was to do this i would want/ have to get the 8mm Panasonic fisheye to do wide shoots I also want to do macro with the PEN. After all is said and done the D800 in the Ikilite is only a few $100 more. My main concerns with either choices are
- I dont want to risk my new D800
- The D800 is not a good start for me as an underwater photographer
- Does the PEN with the kit lens do good macro?
- I will eventually upgrade to a DSLR any ways so just get one now
- I should save the money, because the olympus pen will get the job done
- Im over doing it all together and should have 1 strobe no wide angel
Thanks Shaun Doyle
fyi sorry for any really bad spelling