4 replies to this topic

#1 colinm

colinm

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi,

My FIX LED500 focus light had just enough of a flood to cause it to stop working.
I've taken the light apart and it looks as though the water came in through the switch, as the two components on below the switch showed signs of water ingress.

Anyone else had a similar issue, and importantly, were you able to have the light repaired?

cheers

#2 Kilili

Kilili

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

My FIX LED500 focus light had just enough of a flood to cause it to stop working.
I've taken the light apart and it looks as though the water came in through the switch, as the two components on below the switch showed signs of water ingress.

Anyone else had a similar issue, and importantly, were you able to have the light repaired?

cheers

Yes, 1000 DX, same location. Backscatter serviced and repaired for me under warranty, no charge, though the light itself I purchased in Singapore.
Ken
Kilili Studios
ken@kilili.com

Nikon D2x with Subal ND2, and all that other stuff

#3 john70490

john70490

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

I flooded my FIX LED500 too. I had to send it to Japan for repair. With the shipping cost and the tax imposed by Swedish Customs (they charge 25% tax on the cost of repair plus shipping), it cost me more than half of what I paid for the light when new (the warranty had expired).

Olympus E-MP1, 14-42mm and Micro 60mm lenses, Olympus PT-EP06 housing with standard port, dual Sea & Sea YS-01 strobes, La Luz Optics L-800 and Light-For-Me 3XML video lights.
Web album: http://johngulliver.smugmug.com/

#4 colinm

colinm

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll contact FIX and see what the go is.

#5 colinm

colinm

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'd like to thank FIX Fisheye for repairing my flooded light. Even though it is a number of years old it was repaired at no charge.

Great service!