3 replies to this topic

#1 AnnettePapa

AnnettePapa

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hey all!

I just got a sea and sea house for my d7000. I've been using that with a 16mm fisheye and a really old leftover Ys-25 auto strobe (at least until my YS-D1's arrive) The viz was a murky 30, and I tried my best. This was really only the second day I have ever shot underwater.

Id love a little feedback.

Posted Image
AP_06282012Papoose-120628-1877.jpg by A_Papa, on Flickr

Posted Image
AP_06282012Papoose-120628-1741.jpg by A_Papa, on Flickr

Thanks!

Annette

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3043 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi Annette,
Congrats on getting your new system in the water. I'm liking the first one, the sun's rays look very nice. the second one suffers a little because you weren't able to get the divers fins in the frame. Funny how cutting off fins makes such a big difference. You did wonderfully especially considering the so-so viz.

Have fun,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

I concurr with Steve...the first one is really cool...... actually....would make a great flyer (all or partly) for an underwater photo club/competition/publication...yes...I could see it now in my minds eye...with some superimposed macro shots photo shopped onto it...:-)

For the second one...if it was me..I would rather have your diver a little bit more in the center of the frame...maybe in 'geostationary orbit' above your wreck...and more facing you..

Well done, and keep shooting! :-)

Edited by Damo, 29 June 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#4 AnnettePapa

AnnettePapa

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Thanks for the tips, Guys! Steve, the fin tip cut off has been making me crazy. Next time I'm going to spend more time composing. I feel like i get down there, and then have to hurry about and i set my exposure and snap, but don't dedicate much time to the small things like, well, his fin tips.

I'm going to keep practicing and I can't wait until my strobes arrive!