10 replies to this topic

#1 kevintahiti12

kevintahiti12

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hi everybody,

anyone knows how can I install the HD monitor on the housing ?
I have a FX1 inside and I just saw 3 pin connector out on the right side ?
Also, I will buy a discovery II ultra pro power pack light and I'd like to know how should I connect
the lights on the housing to take control with the grip arms buttons.

Please help me !

#2 MK2

MK2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I believe you will need a different bulkead connector on the right side for the hd monitor. The 3 pin is for the standard monitor. Contact Amphibico and ask them info@amphibico.com

Pelagic Visions Imaging

Blue H2O Cozumel Watersports

http://padiowsi.wix.com/blueh2ocozumel

#3 bluewaterimages

bluewaterimages

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi, I own a PHENOM FXZ1 with a Sony HVR-Z1. To connect your camera, look for the COMPONENT output of your camera (should be rectangular with two angled corners), your cable needs to fit in this output to the Monitor. If you don't have any additional cables supplied with your monitor, look up Amphibico website and look for Accessoires to the monitor.

Here what you need: The component output (shape see above) end in a Amphibico output-cable with a white 5-pin male connector ( 12" long) on one end which connects to a separate 5-pin female Amphibico cable connector (4-5" long) and the O-ring sealing unit with 5 pin wet connector (female) that goes through the housing. You need all those three cables to connect your monitor to the camera output. How your component plug looks like I cannot say, because your Sony FX1 may have a different plug.

#4 kevintahiti12

kevintahiti12

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thank you bluewaterimages. I was contacted Joe from amphibico but he still said me 3pins for 4:3 HD monitor. It is correct ? I don't think so.
I already have a 3 pins female bulkhead on my FXZ1 housing and I don't want from him to builld one I will cannot use.
3pins for 4:3 HD monitor he said ? I think he go wrong because 4:3 and 3pins It's not HD but SD.

Here an other problem I have with my amphibico HD monitor. It switched off automatically after 3 seconds when I try to start it. It is normal ?

Please help. Many thanks

#5 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hi guys,

A friend of mine has the Amphibico FXZ1 & Z1 combo.
He would like to replace the Z1 which is a great camcorder but quite old now.

Is there a newer camcorder which fits inside this housing maintaining all the functions?

Bye
Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Unfortunately Davide, because each camcorder has their controls and such on different places of the cam body, each housing is made for a specific cam and that is all. There have been exceptions..both the Z1 and the FX1 used the same housing as did the Sony A1-U and HC-1. However, I know of no other hi end housings like Amphibico and Gates or, for that matter, L & M whose housings are made for multiple cams. On the much less expensive housing market, I believe Equinox housings can be used for different models of cams and, I am guessing here, maybe Ikelite housings. But your friend's issue is not that he wants a different housing but a different cam that will fit in his current housing. Afraid he is completely out of luck
Steve

Edited by Steve Douglas, 17 October 2012 - 02:40 PM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 MK2

MK2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Why wouldnt other cameras work that have LANC connector? As long as the camera fits in the housing and the lens can be lined up? With the new Sony cameras the connection is different but you can get an adaptor cable. Wouldnt some of the smaller canon cameras work as well that support LANC? One would not have access to manual controls but would have the ability to shoot with the electronic controls.

Pelagic Visions Imaging

#8 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Its not the LANC thats the issue, its where the controls line up and the distance from the lens to the port. Other factors as well but these are the top 2
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#9 MK2

MK2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Im sure there are a few cameras that can be used though besides the Z1U or Fx1. You will not be able to use any manual controls and would have to rely on full auto. You would have to make some kind of adaptor to the caera tray so that the lens lines up. With many of the newer cameras being smaller in size compared to the FX1, surely something will fit in the box. I'll try my friend's Canon in the phenom next month when he comes down to Cozumel.

Pelagic Visions Imaging

#10 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Just remember that the distance from the cam lens to the port can be critical if you try to put a different camera inside that thing.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#11 Davide DB

Davide DB

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi MK2,

I got a negative response from an Amphibico rep. in another thread: http://wetpixel.com/...36

He confirms what Steve is saying. Of course, given the value of such housing, I will give a try in the spare time with some different camcorder an maybe a little of DIY. Working in full auto could be a solution but I need a camera tray adapter.

Bye
Disclaimer: Your new gear will not make you produce any better art than you already do.
https://vimeo.com/bocio/