Basking Sharks Scotland Extra Dates '12

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 writepic

writepic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:diving, taking photos and making films, my family, my friends, chocolate icecream.......

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

Due to the large amount of sharks present currently 30 to 40 per day, we are offering an extra week this year, from the 4th to 11th of August. There is already interest in filling this boat, and it would be good to fill it (only 6 spaces available).

This trip is raved about by everyone who goes on it. I'm not just saying that to fill it, I love this trip to bits and love it when new people discover how special it is.

more detail on acuatours.com or email me at either writepic@gmail.com or acuatours@gmail.com
[font=Lucida Console]http://eyemocean.blogspot.com

#2 Longimanus1975

Longimanus1975

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

Do you do these every year as I may be interested in 2013

#3 writepic

writepic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:diving, taking photos and making films, my family, my friends, chocolate icecream.......

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Do you do these every year as I may be interested in 2013

yes. taking bookings for 2013. :)

#4 Longimanus1975

Longimanus1975

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

I will check out the website and get in touch

#5 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I've done this trip with writepic (Mark) for the last two years and love it.

It is a wildlife photography trip (that happens to be underwater), rather than a dive trip. So you have to get out of the 3 dives a day mentality and you have to be prepared that some days the conditions might be against you, while others it will be shark soup and you'll be shooting all day. In fact there can be so many sharks around that they are jumping out of the water to find some space!

It is an amazing location, with fantastic people and great wildlife of all sorts. Go for the experience and treat the sharks as the icing on the cake.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#6 writepic

writepic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

I've done this trip with writepic (Mark) for the last two years and love it.

It is a wildlife photography trip (that happens to be underwater), rather than a dive trip. So you have to get out of the 3 dives a day mentality and you have to be prepared that some days the conditions might be against you, while others it will be shark soup and you'll be shooting all day. In fact there can be so many sharks around that they are jumping out of the water to find some space!

It is an amazing location, with fantastic people and great wildlife of all sorts. Go for the experience and treat the sharks as the icing on the cake.

Alex

Thanks for the thumbs up alex!! Dates now changed 12th to 18th Aug for this extra week. Boat days Mon to Fri.