• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seansrs968

seansrs968

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yesterday our dive club, SOCDC, chartered the Magician dive boat. Our destination was Farnsworth Banks. We were able to make two great dives at Farnsworth. It is always fun diving this site as it is so unpredictable whether you will make it or not depending on the conditions. Here is a link to some pictures from my diving at Farnsworth:

Farnsworth Banks July 28, 2012

Edited by seansrs968, 29 July 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#2 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2127 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

As one of the few Brits that's dived the Farnsworth Banks, I remember sealions, (or was it seals?) and a fierce current. How were the conditions?

I like your eye for camouflaged wildlife, by the way.

Tim

#3 seansrs968

seansrs968

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

As one of the few Brits that's dived the Farnsworth Banks, I remember sealions, (or was it seals?) and a fierce current. How were the conditions?

I like your eye for camouflaged wildlife, by the way.

Tim

Conditions on the first dive were awesome. They were so good we stayed for a second dive. On the second dive, the current picked up a bit and the conditions detoriated. The first dive we had about 30-40' of viz. FB is not known as a sealion site. It is known for the purple hydocoral. You will also get rays sometimes there.

We saw a lot of scorpionfish. I was always checking to see if I would land on top of these fish when trying to get a shot.