Photo
- - - - -

HELP! Need replacement YS-350 charger(s)...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jhelmuth

jhelmuth

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

I have a pair of YS-350's and they work nicely (for me), but I think I have a problem with the charges...

One is measuring 1.4 Volts DC on the output (it definately does not charge the battery).

The other is measuring 13.3 Volts DC (it gets really warm if I use it).

The wall packs are marked as 8.94Volts DC. I can replace these if I can confirm the output voltage. Could someone measure one of yours and let me know what you get. Or if you know for sure. I'm reasonably certain that 8.95V DC would work just fine and should be the value, but might be measure differently under a load than not under load.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

#2 ando

ando

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Jim, I have a S&S Yellow Sub YS-350 TTL/PRO sitting on a shelf catching dust along with a charger. I believe the battery is toast but do you have a need for the entire kit? I do not have the capability to measure the output but the charger is a wall pack and states an output of DC8.94V.

Steve

#3 jhelmuth

jhelmuth

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Steve....

Sure. If it's reasonable, I would be interested.

#4 ando

ando

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Jim,

Contact me through my website and we can trade details to get this strobe off my shelf and into your hands.

Steve
steveandophotography.com

#5 jhelmuth

jhelmuth

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Steve,

Sent a message thru your site.

PS - that clown fish pic is AWESOME! (I am not worthy)....

Thanks,

Jim

#6 jhelmuth

jhelmuth

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

To anyone who might read this...

I'd just like to say that Steve Ando (ando here on the board) is really more than just a great guy and fellow wet-pixel-ite. So just to sumarrize, Steve went out of his way to help me with the afore mentioned YS-350. Basically he practically "gave" me his old YS-350 kit (yes - I paid him something for it, but he was really overly generous when he did not have to be). Now that is a BIG deal to me as I am a "poor" U/W photographer (albeit a bit handy in keeping my cast-offs alive and making things work). Now that is/was enough on it's own to be a very rare bird in my book, but Steve also took the time to call me and see how he could help (turns out we have some mutual friends and are both Floridians). I hope I get the chance to meet him. I am in awe of his work, and he has been so gracious to me that I do not ever think I can repay him. I try to be as much like him about things and help others.... maybe Karma can be something other than a you-know-what?

Anyway.... just thought I could at least let you all know what a great guy he is and someone you would love to have the chance to meet or do any business with. I highly recommend you make to effort to get to know him if the opportunity presents itself...

Thanks a million Steve... I can't repay you, but maybe you'll get this back in another way. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

All the very best,

Jim

Edited by jhelmuth, 06 August 2012 - 02:16 PM.