1 reply to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hello, video experts. I have to export green-magenta anaglyph for a project (footage taken with GoPro HERO cameras). The footage looks great—it's 3D and doesn't have much ghosting—in GoPro's Cineform Studio, and in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5. However, the color is off in Final Cut Pro X, leading to ghosting. So I decided to use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.. but when I export my sequence, here's what happens:

1. Export .mov, animation codec. Colors are true, and 3D works.

2. Export anything with ProRes or H.264. Colors are OFF—looks the same as what happens in the timeline preview in Final Cut Pro X.

So at this point, for a 4:30 sequence, I'm stuck exporting a 35GB Quicktime movie using the Animation codec if I want anaglyph 3D to work. It's pretty frustrating. Any tips on how to get export colors in Adobe Premiere Pro to match what I see on the screen?

Thank you!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

What are you export settings? Are you using First Flight or the regular Cineform Studio?
Try using Cineform's own codec. I suspect this is a ColorSync issue so your settings will be pretty important.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d, export