• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

I don't usually upgrade to a new OS version until X.3 or 4 so the bugs are cleared. However, for those using Premiere Pro CS6, upgrading to Mountain Lion OSX.8 will give you a boost in performance and stability. Open CL acceleration is better, real time playback is faster. Just about everything is better and more stable. I was given this tip by Adobe themselves and finally bit the bullet. It works better. I was crazy enough to even do it without my Adobe Master install discs with me.

However there are a few caveats for those using AVCHD cameras:
http://blogs.adobe.c...ntain-lion.html

For other formats, it's working fine and peppier! I'm not digging a few new features with OSX.8 but it is very impressive as an OS. Makes me wonder why I paid for OSX.7 and why they didn't name it Lion instead of OSX.7 (a sham OS upgrade if there was one!).

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

They did name it Lion when it was released. So far, I have really heard nothing negative about ML but am still holding off awhile before I do the install. We can expect a new FCPX version in late August/early Sept if all the beta testing is completed. Hopefully, we will get a scrolling timeline and the ability to set in/out points off a card on multiple clips prior to ingesting. I was asked what features I would like to see in the new version and gave them a long list but those are two I would most want.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.