• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

SAGA has always surprised us UWPhotogs with solutions to long term problems like using ports in a different housing brand by constructing adapter rings or flipon-flipoff wet lenses mechanisms, length changing macro port etc... Now, after several trials by different photographers and Retra of installing a lens at the end of a snoot, they have built their own version which includes very clever and useful new ideas:

- It has a focusing mechanism to adapt to the required distance (the lens screws in-out).
- It has a group of optical fibers to conduct the strobe´s target light to the center, so even strobes with off-centered target lights (Inons, S&S YS-D1...) can be used and "pointed", and with a non-diffused but strong light (see pic).
- It has a rolling disc with different diameters (I guess one can make any shape...) with confirmation "clicks" on every step.

I have not tried it yet but it really seems smart. Contact www.sagadive.com

Pics:

General view:

Posted Image

Extended lens:

Posted Image

Inside:

Posted Image

This is a picture of the target light, which seems very bright:

Posted Image

One strobe shot:

Posted Image

Some pool tests:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by davichin, 10 August 2012 - 03:22 AM.

D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#2 RBernardo

RBernardo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hello,
i am lucky, i already try this new SAGA snoot.
I can say is very good. To point, there are no better. I recieved mine yesterday, tested in the pool..., i believed that is the best snoot in the market.
And the most important thing is that i use INON, as you all know, the pilot light is not the center ..., very happy with the fist tests

kind regards

RB

Rui Bernardo - http://rbernardo.blogspot.com/
Nikon D80; Nikon D300; Nikon D800E - Patima PDCH-D80 // Subal ND300 // Subal ND800
Inon Z-240 // Inon S-2000 // Subtronic Pro 270 - 105mm VR // 10,5mm // 17-55mm // 16-85mm VR // 10-17mm // 60mm // 8mm //17-35mm // 16-35mm // 15mm

#3 Udo van Dongen

Udo van Dongen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

I was asking for the price but i already found it: € 500,-. Hoped it was cheaper...

Edited by Udo van Dongen, 24 August 2012 - 12:46 AM.

www.udovandongen.com
Nikon D800, D800E, Hugyfot housing, 15 mm fisheye, 16-35 mm WA, 105mm VR Macro, 60 mm Macro, Subsee +5 an +10 wet diopters, Inon Z-240 strobes (3x), Inon float arms, Nauticam armclamps, Bigblue and Inon focus lights.

check out more photos on the facebook

#4 haring

haring

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

SAGA has always surprised us UWPhotogs with solutions to long term problems like using ports in a different housing brand by constructing adapter rings or flipon-flipoff wet lenses mechanisms, length changing macro port etc... Now, after several trials by different photographers and Retra of installing a lens at the end of a snoot, they have built their own version which includes very clever and useful new ideas:

- It has a focusing mechanism to adapt to the required distance (the lens screws in-out).
- It has a group of optical fibers to conduct the strobe´s target light to the center, so even strobes with off-centered target lights (Inons, S&S YS-D1...) can be used and "pointed", and with a non-diffused but strong light (see pic).
- It has a rolling disc with different diameters (I guess one can make any shape...) with confirmation "clicks" on every step.

I have not tried it yet but it really seems smart. Contact www.sagadive.com

Pics:

General view:

Posted Image

Extended lens:

Posted Image

Inside:

Posted Image

This is a picture of the target light, which seems very bright:

Posted Image

One strobe shot:

Posted Image

Some pool tests:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this looks awesome! I love the light it creates!

I was asking for the price but i already found it: € 500,-. Hoped it was cheaper...

Wow that would be mnore than $800USD. It is a little bit expensive for me.