2 replies to this topic

#1 Bentoni

Bentoni

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Photojournalism, UW photography, travel, cigars

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

I recently won a few days diving at Kosrae Ecolodge Resort. I have not been able to find much unbiased information about the diving there, or about the resort. Has anyone on this forum had experience with diving in Kosrae? I'd love to hear your opinions, and/or advice.

Thanks

Randall
See my work at:
www.randallbenton.com

#2 Bentoni

Bentoni

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Photojournalism, UW photography, travel, cigars

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Really? No one? I'm beginning to wonder of I should have passed on this prize and chosen the tote bag instead.Posted Image
See my work at:
www.randallbenton.com

#3 Minkyd

Minkyd

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Yes I have dived Kosrae around 3 years ago but with Kosrae nautilus resort. Not a lot of fish life but large beautiful corals and clear water. All sites around the island have moorings to protect the corals and most of our dives were gentle drifts in around 15-20m. Some info on sites here http://kosraenautilu.../divesites.html

Accommodation on the island is not 5 star in any way and transport is limited, we hired a car for a few days to explore from the local wrecker, which says it all about the state of the car. This said, we had an amazing time and really enjoyed exploring the island and his history. The island was occupied by the Japanese and also visited by pirates so a very mixed history.

We also dived on wrecks in the harbour (plane, freighter and old pirate boat) but the operators don't like to take you there as the viz is low and pollution levels high.