Photo
- - - - -

Chinese site apparently built on stolen images.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hi Folks,

while doing some google searches on some of my own images and came across this site with hordes of images clearly taken without permission or even
attribution. Some of them were mine and there where many others that I am familiar with taken by other UW Photgraphers. I could not find any contact info
on the site so a "Please Explain" email may be problematic.

http://www.blueanimalbio.com/index.htm

Cheers,
Jim.

Edited by JimSwims, 15 August 2012 - 01:47 PM.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#2 johnjvv

johnjvv

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Its Chinese mate.....so good luck...

From Google translate...

The blue Zoology (China Zoological science Network) was founded on May 1, 2002, produced by individuals-for-profit public interest science sites. The site the subject as "universal zoological knowledge, improve animal protection awareness, and hope for the public, especially zoology enthusiasts a zoological reference exchange platform.

In 2007, due to the large amount of information loss of data, the blue zoology forced to close. In the meantime, received greetings, blue zoology very concerned about and look forward to some friends via Email. This support, flattered, grateful for endless also feel take more time to redo the blue zoology, zoological science career in China and then do our cotton force.

Finally, on February 8, 2010, after several years of planning, the blue zoology and again met.New layout, detailed scientific classification, richer content, I believe that can provide an unprecedented space for new and old friends. So that everyone in the harvest of knowledge at the same time, enjoy the biosphere of infinite magnificent!

You are not mentioned in their credits section either....

References
Reference documents ...

Liu Lingyun, Zheng "ordinary zoology." Beijing: Higher Education Press, 1997 Ren Shu-xian, "invertebrate" (second edition), Beijing: Peking University Press, 2007 ZHENG Guang-mei "Birds of the World Classification and distribution of the directory." Beijing: Science Press, 2002 ZHENG Guang-mei "Ornithology", Beijing: Peking University Press, 1995 Zhang Suping "marine shellfish illustrations Beijing: Ocean Press, 2008
Wang Song, Xie Yan, Wang Jiajun, "the world's mammals Code (pull-English)." Hunan: Hunan Education Press, 2001 Andrew T. Smith, Xie Yan, "China Mammals Field Guide to Hunan: Hunan Education Press, 2009 MA Jing Phillips, Fenqi, "Birds of China Field Guide" Hunan: Hunan Education Press, 2000
Shi-Jie Yang, "Plant Biology" Beijing: Science Press, 2002 GU Assar Lindbeck retrieval table of the world's fish - Division and Section List of Beijing: China Agricultural Press, 1985 Wang Guoxiu "zoology counseling and Problem Solving." Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 2009 Huahui Lun Yan Jingwen, "China to protect animals." Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Education Press, 1993 China Wildlife Conservation Association amphibian field guide Zhengzhou: Henan Science and Technology Press, 1999 China Wildlife Conservation Association reptile field guide. "Zhengzhou: Henan Science and Technology Press, 2002 Shangyu Chang "animal behavior", Beijing: Peking University Press, 2005 Hao Shougang Ma Xueping, "the origin of life and evolution." Beijing: Higher Education Press, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2000 Hou Lin Xiao-Bing Wu "zoology." Beijing: Science Press, 2007 Richard D. Jurd "Animal Biology" Beijing: Science Press, 2000 LU Cheng-ping "animal protection Introduction Beijing: Higher Education Press, 1999 Tan Bangjie rare wild animals Cong Tan. "Beijing: Popular Science Press, 1995 Chen Zhenyao of the insect world and human society. "Guangzhou: Zhongshan University Press, 2003 Track built zoology field internship tutorial Beijing: Science Press, 2005 Choi Wan Chi PANG Xiongfei spend Bao Zhen LIANG Guang-wen Song Duilun "General Entomology" Beijing: China Agricultural University Press, 2003 Luo Zengzhi Chausson "paleontology to historians." Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 2007 The Trends Ren Cheng Hong, "Animal Biology" Beijing: Higher Education Press, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2000.

#3 johnjvv

johnjvv

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

here are some contacts mate, judging by the name this person is not short like me! ;)

Domain Name: BLUEANIMALBIO.COM

Registrant Contact: telbp2@sina.com
blueanimalbio
Jiang Long
telephone: +86.073185880558
fax: +86.073185880558
abcd Changsha Hunan 410000
CN

Administrative Contact: telbp2@sina.com
Jiang Long
CN

Technical Contact:
Jiang Long
CN

Billing Contact: telbp2@sina.com
Jiang Long
CN

#4 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks John you're a more patient sleuth than I. The site is really badly laid out and I gave up on wading through it after 1/4 an hour.

Forgive my innocence but are international copyright laws enforceable in China? Is there an agency in China one could refer this to?
I'll certainly send the person behind the site an email but doubtful of response/action.

Cheers,
Jim.

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#5 johnjvv

johnjvv

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Jim,

Google translate works a dream and whois.com gave the contact details....but you are right the website is pretty pathetic and it would not surprise me if it is a high school project....

Hope you resolve this....

Cheers,
John

#6 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Email there via this page. Just click this link via some translation site:

http://liuyan.cnzz.c...php?tid=2298195

Just make sure you have BIG watermarks for all photos online. It's distracting but worthwhile!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#7 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Drew for the link, I'm not very confident a clear message will get though using Google or any of the other on-line translaters. It hasn't
served me very well in the past.

As for big watermarks I know its the only effective protection against this kind of use but am very resistant to go down that path.

Anyone know of any agency or authority in China I might refer this matter to?

Cheers,
Jim.

PS- LOL. Well after running my email through Google and Babel and re-translating back to check(bad idea I know!), I now know
the origins of that venerable language Manglish, some of the results had me in stitches. And I thought my English was bad Posted Image
Message sent, it will be interesting what sort of response I get if any.

BTW this is the page with some of my shots- http://www.blueanima...dongwu/xiao.htm

Edited by JimSwims, 18 August 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#8 Panda

Panda

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Split levels, timelapse, temperate critters.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hmmmm. Thanks Jim and Google Images, now I'm getting all riled up finding the sites using my images un accredited.

I'm thinking about making up a WEBPAGE OF SHAME listing all such websites. Probably wont change anything but might make me feel better. Ha!

anewton.net - UW blog - KAP blog
Victoria Australia. Nikon D7000, Lumix LX3. Ikelite. Inon. GoPro 2