• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

I was playing a club date a few weeks ago as a drummer in a blues band. Someone in the audience was filming in the darkened room with their iPhone. I asked him if he could send me the footage via a dropbox so I could take a look. He shot it holding the video vertically. Now how the heck was I going to use this? I figured out a way but a few days later my publisher sent me this URL. Since I don't even own a cell phone, it had not occurred to me that this was an issue. So, for those who shoot video on their cell phones, please watch this video on YouTube. Very funny and also very accurate.

Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

LMAO! That is great stuff Steve ;)
Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#3 seok

seok

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hilarious!

#4 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Very funny; having practiced this technique when I first tried underwater video while free diving under whales, I think the should add SAVS, the Spinning Around Video Syndrome.

Edited by loftus, 17 August 2012 - 11:47 AM.

Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.