A few images from South Ari atoll- Maldives

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hi folks,

Just back from a lovely holiday in the South Ari atoll- Maldives. Have to say, it was wonderful topside and underside in many ways.

Mind you...as the only loan DSLR photographer on the island resort I found the diving demanding, difficult, and frustrating with my rig- partly because I have to row in with my fellow non camera tourist divers, and compete with current and excess gas consumption!!!At times, I found things so frustrating,........I found myself seriously contemplating just giving up, selling all my stuff, and taking up golf.

Anyways, here's some of my efforts.
Hope u like maybe one of them.
(Incidentally, the Harelquin filefish and clown fish cluster are 'breath held-snorkel' shots).

Thanx

Damo

Attached Images

• DSC_0019.jpg
  • DSC_0047.jpg
  • DSC_0077.jpg
  • DSC_0127.jpg
  • DSC_0147.jpg
  • DSC_0204.jpg
  • DSC_0231.jpg
  • DSC_0292.jpg
  • DSC_0309.jpg

Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#2 DamonA

DamonA

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scuba, Skin Diving, "Animal Lover" and Woodworking, Licensed Professional Joiner & Carpenter.
    Don't like contact sport at all or elite level professional sport.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Tops stuff!
The colour in the harlequin leatherjacket shot is fantastic...
Golf is boring!

#3 troporobo

troporobo

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

Great work with the "snorkel shots". I am never able to get anything usable that way. Both shots are very good