• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 divingbubbles

divingbubbles

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

anybody got any recommendations for a carabina type clip, either plastic or stainless, as means to secure the light heads to the housing via the locoline arms?
Thanks Alan

#2 peterbkk

peterbkk

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photographry Underwater Video.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

I don't bother securing the locline. Just change the top and bottom locline pieces every so often so that they stay tight.

If you really feel the need to secure them, use some strong fishing line, run it through the middle of the locline and out of a small hole drilled in the side of the top and bottom locline pieces. The top of the fishing line can be tied to the small loop under the light. The bottom can be tied to something just under the arm. Tidy and almost invisible.

#3 divingbubbles

divingbubbles

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thanks Peter. Yes that was my idea but instead of tying the line to the loop, I was thinking of using a very small carabina as a quick release. As yet I've had no luck in finding anything suitable.
Alan.

#4 peterbkk

peterbkk

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photographry Underwater Video.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Lots of things come with small plastic clips. For example, last time I bought an SMB it came in a pouch with a small clip. You probably have a few of these lying around the house...
clip.jpg

Edited by peterbkk, 17 August 2012 - 07:07 AM.