• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scuba_suzy

scuba_suzy

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

This morning I came across VERTIGO – underWATERlove community page on facebook. In their info they give thanks to bunch of names (including my own and a few other wet pixelers) and say that all the images are under copyright that they dont own. However they post the images onto facebook with no credit and no permission given. And for my own photo they had removed the copyright watermark from the image (I think it was just cropped out) :( When I asked in a comment why they’d removed the copyright and provided the link to the original web version they just removed the post. You should all probably go check them out to see if any of your work if on there too…
><(((> www.reefbeasties.com ><(((>

#2 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Not sure what Facebook's policy is regarding posting copyrighted images but assume it would be within
international copyright law constraints? Certainly worth reporting the offending FB page as they seem to
be aware they are breaching copyright and unrepentant.

Very poor form simply deleting your comment which showed them up. Was your image already displayed on
FB and 're-shared' or lifted from another location on the web?

Cheers,
Jim.

Edit- From their About page on FB- "None of the photographs posted here belong to us. They are all under Copyright!"

Edited by JimSwims, 22 August 2012 - 03:39 AM.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#3 scuba_suzy

scuba_suzy

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

yeah I know, they clearly knew the images were copyrighted. No, my image was lifted from the web and had the copyright cropped out. I very rarely post my images directly on facebook. The only reason I saw it was by chance someone I knew had put a comment on that post. Since they've deleted my image and their post from the album I dont really have anything to show facebook. I guess if someone else was to find their images on there they could screenshot them first, it didnt occur to me earlier.
><(((> www.reefbeasties.com ><(((>

#4 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Those assholes stole one of my pictures and even changed the authorship to Tobias Friedrich... we are completely unprotected...
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#5 decosnapper

decosnapper

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

From personal experience; Facebook will remove your property...the way to do it is shown here:-

https://www.facebook...elp/reportlinks

And if enough of the photographers in question complain then FB might just remove the entire account.
Simon Brown

www.simonbrownimages.com

#6 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

Nice collection though :)
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>