• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wally

wally

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

I just returned from a week in Bonaire shooting with two new DS-1 strobes. When shooting after a couple of dives I have noticed that both flashes stop firing. They start to show that the batteries are low. Once I get back to dry land and replace them everything once agian works. I have a pluse tester and I am using enloop bateries. The tester showes that the bateries have 80% charge left but still the flashes seem to struggle. Is this common with these flashes? Any information would be helpfull.

Regards

#2 DamonA

DamonA

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scuba, Skin Diving, "Animal Lover" and Woodworking, Licensed Professional Joiner & Carpenter.
    Don't like contact sport at all or elite level professional sport.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi Wally,
I have used my ys-d1 on 3 trips so far, using imedion 2400mah using the optic ttl.

I have done 2 dives each day, 60min dives and shot 100 shots/dive and have had no trouble at all never needed to change batteries inbetween dives.

I read on scuba board that their was batch of ys-d1's sold in the USA with an issue with the on/off button not staying engaged properly- I think this could be your problem mate......

cheers

#3 dangerzone

dangerzone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Same problem here, and I'm not the only one: see this thread - http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=46924

It's completely random for me when they start indicating low battery - it could be as soon as I jump in with batteries that just finished charging, so I think there's a larger problem here. I bought mine through Scubacam in Singapore, so my problem isn't related to a batch shipped to the US.

Canon 5DMkIII, Nauticam NA-5DMKIII, 2x Inon Z-240