2 replies to this topic

#1 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

/images/uploads/news/C50001s_tn.jpg
Canon has added two new cameras to its EOS digital cinema range. The EOS C500 captures 4K, 2K or HD image quality and can output 4K as a 10-bit uncompressed raw data stream or 2K as a 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 signal to an external recorder. Whilst doing so, it can simultaneously record a 50 Mbps HD file onto two in-camera CF cards. There will be two versions, one for for PL mount lenses and another for EF/EF-S and EF Cinema. The camera will be available from October at $30,000.
The EOS C100 is a smaller camera, outputting individual R, G, and B channels for each full HD 1920 x 1080 frame. It records in an AVCHD format featuring a maximum recording bit rate of 24Mbps in a 4:2:0 color space. It records to two SD cards or can output uncompressed HD via an HDMI connection. This output includes superimposed time code and 2:3 pull-down marker information. The EOS C100 will also be released in October and retails at $7,999.

View the full article

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

The C100 promo video has a few short underwater scenes shot by the C100 in an EWA marine bag:

[vimeohd]49083326[/vimeohd]

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 scaper

scaper

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Looks just like my 5D2 footage from my EWA bag. I like the EWA bags for what they are, but it is difficult to get proper exposure and steady shots with a DSLR and probably the C100 as well. Hard to really see what this camera could do underwater.

Pat