7 replies to this topic

#1 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Does anybody know if Nudipixel is still operational. Have submitted several pics over the last few months - some were acknowledged but no formal response followed. The latest one wasn't acknowledged. Have seen others asking this question on their Facebook page but it hasn't been answered.
(If this is in the wrong section, apologies and please move)

Jim Greenfield - Canon 5D Mark 3/Aquatica
My Web Site

#2 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

So are you not even getting the automated emails confirming submissions? I haven't submitted to them for a few months now
but whenever I had in the past it could take 1-2 months before an image submission would make it on-line. Have you tried
sending a message via their contact form?- http://www.nudipixel.net/contact/

The site is a labour of love I believe, could they be on a trip/liveaboard at the moment?

Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#3 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Thanks Jim - didn't get an auto response to my last submission. Yes have tried the contact form but only recently.

Hope all is OK - it is a very useful resource but I hadn't realised it is a purely voluntary venture.

My Web Site

#4 jander4454

jander4454

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Helpfull and usefull ID people via their Facebook page are here - http://dragonmouse.c...ng/nudibase.php

Sony a6000 in Nauticam with Inon D-2000 flashes
www.nudibranch.org/

#5 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

You can also try posting a photo here in the Critter ID section. As one of the people that helped Nudipixel with ID's until recently, (it became overwhelming), I would be happy to try to help you out. There are also other very knowledgeable people that regularly help id critters here that may be of help. You also might want to check the thread on online ID sources to help figure out what your critter is.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#6 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I received a couple of "Latest Photos" emails from Nudipixel this week. Decided to submit half a dozen images
after that to see just how long it takes for them to be posted to site.

Cheers,
Jim.

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#7 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Yes, I got those Jim. Mine were not included. My longest outstanding submission dates back to 3rd August

My Web Site

#8 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

My Images submitted on the 13th October were posted on the 25th. So looks like the folks at Nudipixel are working hard on the backlog.

As an aside while doing a routine Google search for my images I found a few of my slug images on Pinterest. They had been
repinned from a Nudipixel pinterest account. I sent NP a please explain email as I had not authorised the images use on Pinterest
and Pinterest was not mentioned in their terms of submission. They have been removed but have not recieved an explanation/apology.

Cheers,
Jim.