regulator sport

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

Wife and I are upgrading regs. Have our about 8-year old, but every-year serviced and only about 160 dives each regs up for sale.
  • Two (2) Oceanic Alpha 8 Sports with the NON DVT first stage (this model preceded those). New A8Sports with DVT go for about $250. Asking $140 each. Will include copy of lastest service receipt. One has a formed Seacure mouthpiece on it but I can throw in another (unformed as yet) Seacure with the package for another $15, or a plain rubber mouthpiece (ugly green, unfortunately) for free.
  • Two (2) Oceanic Swivel-180 Low-profile Octo 2nd stages. Ditto on age and service. These are not the newer 'magnetic' keeper versions. New go for about $100 street, asking $50 each.
  • Two (2) HP hoses with the Oceanic Quick Disconnect coupling for the Swiv and other consoles (with either air-integrated computer or a puck style computer and SPG). Have only one (1) 'Swiv' console with a Veo 250, SPG, and (if you flip it over, behind the VEO) a compass. Computer has not been flooded but has dead battery and hasn't been tested in some time. Asking $150 for the lot. Or can parcel out a bit if you want, make offer."
  • One (1) spare XS Scuba Miflex braided HP hose, 24' length, for an SPG or air-integrated computer. This IS the new design ("carbon") which postdates the recall. Typically sell for $40. In original packaging (got as a swap for the recall, but ended up buying a longer one and never used this one.) Asking $25.
All prices open to negotiation and 'package discounting' if you want multiple items (e.g. one Alpha 8 1st and 2nd stage, plus one octo, $160 total). All items for US or Canada sale only please. Prefer Paypal as method of payment. Prices do not include shipping but I'll only charge you actual cost (no 'packing' or 'handling' fees - we can discuss costs when I know where I'm shipping to and our carrier preference). I will only ship insured, either USPS or UPS, with tracking numbers. My eBay account name is also 'rtrski' if you want to check out feedback there, and I think there's some seller feedback here about me as well.

Will leave listing here for about a month, then just try to eBay. Alpha 8's are great plastic starter or 'sport' regs, often used as rental gear as they're fairly reliable, and good for Nitrox as-is up to 40% O2. But I'm starting colder water diving and wanted something metal and slightly higher performing, just in case, and of course if I upgrade I have to buy her new shiny stuff too. :eyeroll:

Pics available upon request.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#2 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

XS Miflex HP hose is sold.

Also, found the other end of the QD connector for the other HP hose with the coupling end. So that subpackage is now two (2) HP hoses with Oceanic QD coupling, one opposite end coupling nut only (attach this to SPG or air-integrated computer directly), and one Swiv console with SPG, Veo250 (dead battery), and compass. Price for that set unchanged or will split it up if someone really wants.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#3 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

All items have been put up on eBay and sold.