• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pompeygreg

pompeygreg

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

How do people store their lenses between dives?

I've a Inon wide angle which has a nice solid plastic cap on the rear and a neoprene cover but my 67mm diopters have no such luxuries. Any suggestions about what I could use?

I have a lens holder on my arm for dives, but I'm worried about scratches on the glass when they're not in use.

Greg

#2 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

I wash them nicely (diopters) and put them in a lens bag which was actually intended for my teleconverter, easy stuff.

#3 SpottedEagleray

SpottedEagleray

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

I use the felt bag that Crown Royale comes in. You can usually get them for free at a local liquor store.

#4 pKai

pKai

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Assuming we're talking "dry" lenses, not wet diopters, I put them in a ziplock, wrap them in a hand towel, and put them in a dry bag with the rest of my "dry" stuff like wallet, towel, etc....

That said, I don't take a lot on a commercial boat. Generally, I carry a 24-105L and 16-35L both which work with the same 240mm dome. One is on the camera, so I really only have one lens outside the housing. If I'm shooting macro, nothing extra comes along. The dome stays home or in the truck; flat port is on the housing with macro inside.

Edited by m1mm1m, 25 September 2012 - 05:15 PM.