Photo
- - - - -

SANYO ENELOOP XX Batteries? Anybody using them?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 haring

haring

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is there anybody here using the new SANYO ENELOOP XX Batteries? Are they better than the regular ones?

#2 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I use them in my Inon Z240 flashes and they seem to work great. They have more rated capacity however I have yet to exhaust them so I can't say how much more they have in the real world.

Edited by focker, 19 September 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#3 liquidguru

liquidguru

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Staying Alive....

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

I've been using the XX in the backplate of my L&M housing. I used 1 set of four, pretty much running them down everyday, recharging them over night, using again the next day, since November last year. Until about two months ago everything was really good, and they definitely had more lasting power than the regular, lasting three hour long dives or more, compared to two hour long dives for the regular. But now they only last between one and two hours. Maybe one is bad, maybe they all have gone bad..it says they should give 500 charges, compared to 1000 for the regulars, but it may be less than that. They are great when new though.

I've switched to another set that I bought at the same time but hadn't been using and all is good again.

Sony XR500 - LMI Stingray+ G2 - 2x LMI Sola 4000 LEDs
Liquidguru's Website
My weekly Blog from Ambon, Indonesia

DIA_sig_new.png

#4 zelko

zelko

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Diving, u/w photography (is there anything else?)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Yes, I use them in my Sea&Sea flashes! I like them too. They last longer than the normal ones, can't say anything negative so far. I have them since one year now, still very satisfied.

br,
zelko
"To be is to do." (Socrates)
"To do is to be." (Sartre)
"Doo bee doo bee doo." (Sinatra)
Profiles on Flickr and 500px

#5 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1539 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

They test out quite nicely compared to normal eneloops (the 2000 mAh ones) and if they start to not charge properly, try running them through the LaCrosse type charger on a refresh cycle. I haven't had to do that with the XX versions yet but with the older style the refresh cycle takes them from 1700 mAh (after a few hundred charge cycles) back to 2000 or so.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#6 haring

haring

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

I use them in my Inon Z240 flashes and they seem to work great. They have more rated capacity however I have yet to exhaust them so I can't say how much more they have in the real world.

Thanks!

#7 haring

haring

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

I've been using the XX in the backplate of my L&M housing. I used 1 set of four, pretty much running them down everyday, recharging them over night, using again the next day, since November last year. Until about two months ago everything was really good, and they definitely had more lasting power than the regular, lasting three hour long dives or more, compared to two hour long dives for the regular. But now they only last between one and two hours. Maybe one is bad, maybe they all have gone bad..it says they should give 500 charges, compared to 1000 for the regulars, but it may be less than that. They are great when new though.

I've switched to another set that I bought at the same time but hadn't been using and all is good again.

I guess they die sooner than regular batteries. This makes sense because Sanyo indicates that they can be recharged only for 500 times. But they still should last for three hours after being recherge for 50-70 times... I think I will get the regular eneloopes....

Yes, I use them in my Sea&Sea flashes! I like them too. They last longer than the normal ones, can't say anything negative so far. I have them since one year now, still very satisfied.

br,
zelko

Thanks!

....with the older style the refresh cycle takes them from 1700 mAh (after a few hundred charge cycles) back to 2000 or so.
Bill

Good to know!