• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hi all,
It's been a while. Having taken a hiatus from filming to get a small company going in Bali it's now time to pick up the fins and dust off the mask.

No longer working in the realm of resort videography I am now looking to develop my own productions. Having been involved of late with a number of higher profile projects I prefer to look at exploring more the avenue to develop ideas and projects that have been bounding around the narcose flooded cavity that sits atop my shoulders.

With a child on the way, expected to arrive stage center on November 17th, and a newly opened photographic gallery here in Bali I'm also venturing into theproduction of surf and splash housings for digital cinema cameras. Our first housing is currently in protoype production and will be for the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera. Our second housing will start production in late November and will target the RED Epic line.

Exciting times indeed.

Cheers,
Mark.

Edited by CamDiver, 19 September 2012 - 09:19 PM.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#2 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Exciting times indeed :) ... Good luck with everything Marky me old mate, hope to see you in the future for beers and nappy talk ;)

Love to Terri

Dean
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#3 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Cheers Deano,
Terri says hi, and the lump just lays there and farts from time to time!

Best to Jax and wee Willow.

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hey Mark,
Great to hear you're doing well and congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.
There has been much talk about Black Magics new cam. I have spoken to John E over at Gates and there are no plans for a housing and I doubt that L & M or Amphibico will be coming out with one so you might have a corner on the market for it. You have my email so stay in touch and keep me up to date and in the loop as your R & D for it develop.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Good to have you back Mark! :D

Like many I've been looking at the BMCC and it could be a game changer.

My concerns for diving?

1. How well will it White Balance/Colour Grade underwater footage
2. RAW storage
3. Internal Battery Life
4. Low Light Performance.

All cameras have their faults and two of those issues disappear straight away for surf photography/filming so you could be onto a winner mate (although I would still love to see a diving version!). $3000 is low enough for at least a few experimenters to give it a punt.....

All the best to Terri and Bump! :)

Cheers, Simon

#6 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the kind words, good to be back. Just to clarify, the housing I'm working on, in association with Liquid Eye Water Housings who sponsor me with surf housings, it will be a liquidmocean product aimed at surf and wet environment filming, pools, inclement weather period. I don't have the tools, knowledge, inclination and above all the deep pockets required to get into the dedicated dive housings industry. That and I don't intend to take on the likes of Gates in their own realm. This is being done to create an option in the market that is currently somewhat open. Thinking that we will create for about five cameras and that will be it.

There will be wet mate HD SDI out for monitor connectivity when shooting pool stuff. Also working on another cool aspect which will remain under wraps for now.

Cheers,
Mark.

#7 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Good to hear from you Mark, glad all is well and enjoy being a Dad. It is a pretty wild and amazing ride ;)

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#8 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Cheers Jon, decided against Carbon Fiber given the lack of contacts here in Bali that can work with it. Would also drive the price sky high.

Cheers, re the dad bit, looking forward to that for sure. About eight weeks to go, getting all the shut eye I can for now!

Mark.