• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ToddB

ToddB

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

I won the animal portrait category of this contest several months ago (I only found out by visiting the website, not because anyone affiliated with SD/Adex actually contacted me). After multiple emails to the folks I sent my pics to and general inquiries through the contact links on the site, nobody has ever responded to me regarding the prize. I understand they've used my image at fairs, and they've listed it as having won a Canon 600D kit for some time. Just a word of warning to anyone considering entering this contest in the future.

http://www.uw3some.c...ex.php?ttl-2012

#2 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

A stunning and deserving image Todd. Sadly as it is a comp run by Asian Geographic it doesn't surprise me that your
work is apparently not respected and communication from the organisers is not forthcoming. I wonder if any of the other
winners have received either a prize or communication? Perhaps they could also contribute to this thread.

If AG remain quiet, then I would be contacting Canon and MIDE to point out this inaction from the competition organiser.
I'd also follow their advice to "Feel free to comment this article and share it on your facebook wall."
Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#3 Gooster

Gooster

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hello Todd,

As a 1st prizewinner of UW3some I'm also waiting for my prize.
The last mail they sent me was on the 2rd of august as you can see below:

On behalf of the UnderWater3Some team, we sincerely apologise on delay of your prize after the Through The Lens (TTL) competition.

The manufacturing plant of CANON in Bangkok has had huge damages during the flood and it caused massive delay in production.

Because of this, we are still waiting for the items to be delivered to us and I can assure you that we are doing our best to settle this as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience in advance and I’ll get in touch with you again once I have any update.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and speak to you soon again.

Thank you.

Erica Hegarty
Marketing & Events Manager
Mobile : +(65) 8222 1351

Cheers
Goos van der Heide

#4 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi Goos,

it's great to read that you have received some notification and a reason for the delay from uw3some. Hope it's not just obfuscation from them
though and that you all receive your prizes promptly. Wonder if the other winners have been informed by uw3some that they won and when
they might receive their prizes.

Thanks for posting and please keep us all informed of any further developments or delays.

Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#5 servane

servane

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us. We take into consideration all your comments and we apologise for it. Communication and coordination with CANON were missing at some point and we are now committed to take actions to follow a more systematic flow until the tasking is completed with them. From now on, a new system has been implemented to execute organizational quality of each competition.You can contact Servane Troadec at servane@asiangeo.com for further information.

Servane Troadec
ASIAN Geographic
Brand & Events Manager
Mobile : +(65) 86.66 56.07

Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd20 Bedok South Road. Singapore 469277
Tel: +(65) 6298 3241 Ext. 126 Fax: +(65) 6291 2068

www.AsianGeo.com | www.AsianGeoPassport.com | www.AsianGeoJunior.com | www.asiangeo.com/thereadwww.oneasiafest.com | www.uw3some.com

Edited by servane, 08 October 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#6 ToddB

ToddB

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just an update on this. Servane has followed through and I received the EOS650D kit today. I also received a copy of the magazine that the image was included in, and a 1-year subscription to the magazine. Took a while, but they followed through and I understand that the problem might have been with their sponsorship arrangement with cannon.

Thanks Servane.

Best,
Todd